Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, great forum yall have here...I'm making a down there in two weeks to camp at Johnson Beach, then rent a condo on Perdido Bay. Have been camping Johnson Beach for 3 years in a row now and it's always fun, but we never catch as many fish as we'd like. And I've never fished Perdido Bay. Im from coastal MS and know how to fish inshore (specks reds flounder)...just looking for any tips from the locals on how to find the fish down there in mid-May...cruise grass flats til we come across some? chase diving birds? Fish docks or other structure? What about dock lights at night? Below is the specific area of our condo...any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm a little familiar with the area. I circled the area where I have had a little luck. Also the pier/dock lights of Ono Island can be very productive.
However, with all of this rain and the Perdido River being above flood level I'm afraid that you'll find the whole bay rather muddy looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian...hopefully a couple weeks will be long enough to clear up the water a little, I hear yall really got hit hard though, hate to see that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts