Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am new here, I don't know about fishing!! I joined this forum cause my husband found it, and we think its acool concept... My only complaint is that I don't want to ask a question with any fear that someone is gonna try to make me feel like crap for not knowing... Or is gonna belittle my report... I don't know why those type of people don't just start and A&$ Hole forum and leave the other informational forums alone... I have tried to be on several forums, any time I want to learn about something, I think a forumshould be a great place to get good advice, and someday , maybe I could share some advice, but it seems like they always show up, the jerks whocouldn'tkeep a postive attitude if they were talking to Jesus!!

It's a shame there is not more conversation about the thing we all have in common "a love to try to fish" tips, techniques, more reports, I am learning!! I didn't have a Dad that was a sportsman, he was a gearhead!!!

Can't we all just get along:letsdrink

·
Registered
376 Posts
christa71 (10/10/2009) My only complaint is that I don't want to ask a question with any fear that someone is gonna try to make me feel like crap for not knowing...
Nothing wrong with asking a question. For someone that has an ANSWER (not a hypothesis), it usually makes them feel flattered to help the original poster out. The thing that bothers me is when people who have no clue what they're talking about throw their $0.02 out there. If you don't know, then silence is golden and keep your mouth shut, less you come across as dumb. Much better to keep hush on a subject if you lack the experience to answer. Catching one snook while fishing mangroves doesn't make you an authority on the subject, just like catching one dolphin on a textbook weedline in June doesn't make you an authority on trolling.

Christa-you have a question? Ask away. That's what the website is for.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
[quote The thing that bothers me is when people who have no clue what they're talking about throw their $0.02 out there.[/quote]

Unfortunately for some that is one of the great things about this forum. Look at it this way; Is someones BS going to affect you and your daily doings? No. The best thing to do is let it go and if you feel someone is passing bad info to another that may prevent them from reaching whatever goal they had, then send them a PM saying something like "I strongly suggest you don't do what so and so says" or something like that and then there isn't a 4 page argument. Too much of the problems on here can be settled or argued off the main pages.

·
Banned
910 Posts
christa71 (10/10/2009)I am new here, I don't know about fishing!! I joined this forum cause my husband found it, and we think its acool concept... My only complaint is that I don't want to ask a question with any fear that someone is gonna try to make me feel like crap for not knowing... Or is gonna belittle my report... I don't know why those type of people don't just start and A&$ Hole forum and leave the other informational forums alone... I have tried to be on several forums, any time I want to learn about something, I think a forumshould be a great place to get good advice, and someday , maybe I could share some advice, but it seems like they always show up, the jerks whocouldn'tkeep a postive attitude if they were talking to Jesus!!

It's a shame there is not more conversation about the thing we all have in common "a love to try to fish" tips, techniques, more reports, I am learning!! I didn't have a Dad that was a sportsman, he was a gearhead!!!

Can't we all just get along:letsdrink
There are only a few people on this forums that are true jackasses and if you hang around long enough you will figure out who they are. Just ignore them if you can. 95% of the members here will bend over backwards to help someone out.

My only advice about asking questions would be to make sure you look around real good and do a forum search before you ask. The only thing that bothers the normal people on here is the same question being asked 800 times in one day. Other than that ask away and welcome.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Craig W (10/15/2009)

There are only a few people on this forums that are true jackasses and if you hang around long enough you will figure out who they are. Just ignore them if you can. 95% of the members here will bend over backwards to help someone out.

My only advice about asking questions would be to make sure you look around real good and do a forum search before you ask. The only thing that bothers the normal people on here is the same question being asked 800 times in one day. Other than that ask away and welcome.

Haa ha...95% good.

That is similar to the story of how outlaw MC clubs became known as 1%'ers. Way back someone had made a statement to the press that most motorcyle riders were good people, it was only 1% that were bad. Somehow, it took, and most the clubs have patches that say 1%.

Soooo.....hope I am not a 5%er on the forum...haa haa.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very well said. We were members of the forum a while back and couldn't wait to provide a fishing report. We have a 14 yr. old son who literally lives to fish. We have a small camp at a lake and he can fish all night and day and then come home and make trot lines for hours. He loves saltwater fishing as well and he made a few posts on here, seeking advice and providing reports. Hopefully, your post will deter some of the bs on here and set a positive forum for everyone, especially children. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE MISERABLE - GO FISHING

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

:clap:clap:clap

:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thank God For the Mods

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

61 - 69 of 69 Posts