Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pensacola Fishing Report Aug. 1st - 2013:

With more rain days than I care to count last month totaling around 16” - 21”, I would say this July was the wettest on record. I think we’ve had enough rain to last us the rest of the year. Getting out to fish has been a chore just working around all the early morning storms. The first week of July, I was only able to get out a few times. The week of Independence Day is usually very busy with trips and fun fishing, but a tropical low off the coast of Louisiana kept me in the house watching DVD rentals for 4 days. My tackle got organized over and over; I was well rested, and all caught up on my Netflix / Red Box must-see movies!
Despite all the rain, I was able to get out quite a bit this month and the fishing actually wasn’t half bad. I’ve been fishing all the customary places, including Escambia Bay, Santa Rosa Sound, Big Lagoon, and a little in Pensacola Bay.
I am happy to say that my new style of inshore charter has really taken off this season with my all-artificial trips. My northern brethren that have stumbled across my website and booked these trips say it’s right up their alley.

This has to be one of the biggest Skipjacks I've ever seen

Here are some pics from my past trips. I’ve been pretty busy with lots of fun family and some serious angler redfish trips. We have been catching a lot of Spanish and ladyfish in the bay for my fun family catch-anything trips, and some nice reds and tons of trout including some gators in the mix for some of my more experienced bass fishermen.

I’ll write up another report in a week or two; until then, tight lines…

John

Mega-Bite Inshore Charters
www.megabiteinshore.com
www.captainjohnrivers.com
850-341-9816

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey capt john

are you a rep for those orange fish grips...LOL? do they only come in orange?

nice reds
You would think so; as much as I show them off, they come in a variety of colors, Green, Blue, Red (which turn orange after being in the sun for a season), also white which glows.

They are great for clients who don't want to touch the fish.

Here is where I ordered mine.
http://www.thefishgripandmore.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts