Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Auburn Graduate
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin just picked this up and is trying to find some information. I don’t understand the serial number and how it relates to year etc. if someone could enlighten me.

I believe the handles should be white, but other than that it should be legit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
That is one of the older models, no thumb rest on top...the black handles are standard for some years. Great little reels...caught many large bass with those.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is one of the older models, no thumb rest on top...the black handles are standard for some years. Great little reels...caught many large bass with those.
I agree with kingfish. That is an older model. Have wore out several when was younger. That reel looks new or very well taken care of. I still have a 6000 that I use to catfish that is probably 40 years old.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My dad still has his. About 5 of them. Most have the black handles. One has the white and one has brass. I'm 48 and he had his from as early as I can remember.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Great old reels, and that one look like it's brand new, I do think that rod is a little short for it, though.

·
Super Moderator
28,145 Posts
Those are great reels and that un looks like it is pristine shape... I picked a couple 7Ks up and only had to replace the prawl in em. As fer year, not sure about finding out a year on the serial #....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have 4 that my dad fished with in a box. Have to be 40-50 years old. The reels I learned how to cast with and still remember that day and the first bass I caught with it . It was 40 years ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts