Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. Me and 3 oter people are about to go get certified at Bay Breeze Dive Center. Have any of you gotten your certification there? What have you guys heard about it? I really like the shop so far because they seem to have the best customer service and they are the only dive shop around here that will work around our schedule. All the other shops have "Set dive and class dates" but Bay Breeze said as long as I have 4 or more people then we can set the schedule. I would just like to know what your guys' experience with them, or what you have heard from close friends. I'd like to know from individuals who've had experience first hand with them or their friends have. Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Scuba Shack off of Palafox does private group classes, and/or one-on-one instruction. Great education, good people, but they're prices are outrageous. I'd say go to MBT.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got my 14 yr old son certified there 2 years ago, Rich Sleppy was the instructor, he did an awesome job, Rich also did my Nitrox class.

·
Praedator
9,923 Posts
Carlos is a good guy and will treat you right. But it is not true about the other shops not working with your schedule. They have set times that you can fit in or you can take classes as your schedule allows. I know MBT will let you do this as well. But you can not go wrong with either. The end result is that you get certified and join in on the fun. A fair warning though, it's addictive. Welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I guess I worded that wrong. They are the only ones I talked to that Setup classes for my schedule. As long as I have 4 people we set the time and days. Not just me trying to get a class in here and there on their scheduled days. It's very convenient. And I would have to agree. Carlos is a pretty awesome guy. Very nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was certified by Rich at Bay Breeze. He, Carlos and the rest of the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Alot of people on this forum go to MBT. Went there and they too are a bunch of great guys.

Don't think you can go wrong at either place.

Good luck

Greg Myers

450 Posts
I certified with scuba shack and I would agree they cost to much for what you getplus the lady that runs the place was not very friendly or easy to communicate with in my option as far as setting up the classes etc.But I will say the instructorswhere friendly and very well trained in SCUBA. I plan on going diving at the end of this month and plan on using MBT because I heard about the Great service and prices they offer. I hate to say it but I will need a check out dive due tomy confidence level that I never aquired divingwith scuba shack. That my to cents

1 - 12 of 12 Posts