Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FISH A HOLIC
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is about to close an a piece of property. A neibhor asked us if we had found the old graveyard on the property. ????? should that kind of info be disclosed ?

Anybody know?

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,135 Posts
There's a house in my neighborhood that was foreclosed due to rumors about Chinese drywall. It sat for about 3 years. Again rumor has it it was traded between banks a couple times without "chinese drywall" being mentioned.

Back on the market again. Asking a legitimate price, but no mention of chinese drywall. Perhaps it has been reinspected? It has NOT been stripped and rewalled, rewired, replumbed...

Weird that it took 3 years to resolve the question.

Shouldn't a seller at least bring the question up, offer a report that clears the house?

Jim

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I bought a piece with a historic graveyard and it was part of the legal of the property as a "less and except". It is of course not active and the last person buried was over 100 years ago

·
Super Moderator
12,568 Posts
I bought a piece with a historic graveyard and it was part of the legal of the property as a "less and except". It is of course not active and the last person buried was over 100 years ago
That would creep me out big time!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
less and except means you dont own it and its not part of the property.

a surveyor is required to locate it IF they know of its existence.

many times neighbors tell lies to stop sales for various reasons. i would ask for details. ask another neighbor.

realtors are required to disclose things like cemeteries IF they know they exist. ask direct questions.

you can preform your own visual inspection. old graves often leave sunken areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts