Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
pappastratos (4/23/2008)Hey, how about a pic of this ? I would like to see it !
I'd have to stop on the east end of the bayway to take a picture and you really can't tell a lot from there. It's about two miles south of I10 on the est side of the bay where the last semi-deep channel runs out towards Fairhope. At one point it was on the east side shallows and a big tide came in and it floated over to the west side and grounded again. It gets lower in the mud every time it rains etc, so the condition is probably pretty rough right now. At one point it was probably VERY salvageable....and worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We've decided not to try to salvage this boat, I still hate to just see it rot away. I've discussed the legal issues of the salvage with a maritime lawyer. Unfortunatley to do it the legal way it will cost quite a bit of money. I still can't locate the rightful owner of the boat, to get a bill of sale. So if I were to just pull it out, which I would love to do, I could be held liable for the damage. So unless anything happens soon, it's not gonna happen. And next time I'm fishing up that way, I'll stop and take some pics to post.

·
Registered
932 Posts
i stopped by the shell station in daphne last friday and snapped this pic. it's a couple miles away, so this is as good as it gets for pics w/o being on the water...

·
Registered
932 Posts
i happened to have my other camera with a better lens with me this morning, so i stopped by the shell station and snapped another pic...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
man, what a waste of a nice hull. She's sitting lower by the week. Wallowing a hole in the mud I guess. It wouldn't take much to float it out on a good tide I bet if you could pump her dry and find where the water came in from. Probably nothing to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What happened to it. Did it wash away during Fay or today from Gustav? I just drove back from Mobile and the boat was gone. I know it was there a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trust me on this one... you do NOT want the headache of fixing a boat like that up!!! you can buy one that works WAY cheaper than fixing a "fixer upper".

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yeah, lots of things to repair, not just a soft floor ora re-power,,, but EVERYTHING !!! Ity would be cool to know the history of the boat. Iamintrigued by the history of ships.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gustof took care of this one. The bow stem & part of the transom are still there, along with the two old style 671 Detroit's that were still half exposed as of yesterday. The fwd deck & a section of the bow are above the I-10 bridge, on the west bank of the Blakely River. The bridge & upper deck are about a mile or more to the north. Sorry to see it go like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shame, from the pics it "was" a nice boat...........and with the 6-71's bullit proof too...........Oh well the sea claims another one. :angel Brian

21 - 32 of 32 Posts