Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine from work, Darrin Carnleyasked me if I would mindif he brought his daughter's boyfriend to hunt on my lease in Okaloosa county. Tyler had never been hunting and asked Darrin if he would take him sometime since Darrin is such an avid hunter. I have pretty much unlimited doe tag's so that is how I came in the picture. I told him to "bring him on and we would see what we could do". Now it's anxiety time because I alway's want someone to have a good hunt, but if you pick the wrong plot they see nothing. Luckily today thing's went right. We got into our shooting houses around 3:00 pm for the afternoon sit. Darrin and Tyler on one plot and me not too far away on another. They had a group of 9doe's and yearling's come in but they were acting nervous and exited stage left before a shot presented itself. A short while later the deer came back in from the right and Tyler got his chance on a good sized doe. After hearing the shot I called Darrin to confirm Tyler had shot and headed right over. A short bloodtrail later and we had his deer! Tyler had made a perfect shot right behind the shoulder his first time hunting. Congrat's again Tyler, it was great to share in your hunt with you!

(L to R) Me, Tyler, and Darrin

A proud young man and his first deer

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That's what it's all about! I get just excited if not more to take someone hunting and let them kill their first deer instead of me killing one! Congrats to all involved!:bowdown:clap:clap:bowdown

·
Super Moderator
27,946 Posts
I love 1st deer stories and pics, thats why I try to get at least 3 kids up to my place to shoot their 1st every year!!! Joining another brother to the club!!! Great job!!!:grouphug:letsdrink:grouphug

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Awesome, He will remember that for the rest of his life. It also makes future sportsman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts