Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on the beach side of Sykes. Started to fish on my spot with no bites for about 30 minutes moved my second to the side facing away from the bridge when all of a sudden I heard my other rod smack the concrete hard and I knew I had a huge sheepshead on and I set the hook with the rod bent all the way done. I knew it was a sheepshead because the way he was swimming. He then started to swim near near some structure or barnitcals and snapped me off from hook to weight. It was my fault for not reeling faster. Second fish was on a fiddler crab and was only 13 inches so I just released him. Ready for the big one next time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the report! I just got out here in August and had good luck from the 16ft carolina skiff with reds, trout, and flounder the few times I was able to get out in august and Sept before I had to go off to another school. With the way the weather has been I probably won't get the skiff back on the water until march and have been wanting to get some fishing in. I hear everyone talking about Bob Sykes so I am going to load up some shrimp and fiddler craps to try my luck today. From what I have read the beach side of Bob Sykes is producing more fish, correct?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will see you guys there after I get my food from 2 stix. I Still Have About 2 dozen shrimp left from yesterday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts