Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my other 6 inchers, 3 - 4 inchers, and 1 - 3 incher...I also got my silhouette target. I just built my stands and now I gotta rig up my chains on my gongs and hang them on their stand after I paint it! Best thing is, since I'm a cheapo and I hoard stuff....the materials were free!!! Dumpster diving and made the stand fer the silhouette out of 1 inch square steel tubing and then some kind of hard steel brace fer the top!
20150112_141028_zpsmjevrtiw.jpg

20150112_141043_zpsw96c7z6i.jpg

Here are my last ones that I built fer my 8 and 10 inch gongs!!! Those won't last long since they are wood and when they go bye-bye, I'll do em outta metal!

20150104_070549_zpseu6yoggt.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told ya Danny, you got an open invite brother!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
My buddy down in Apopka had plow discs set up to shoot with his .22
ding ding ding ! A lot of dinging going on.

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang, where in the area can you even shoot far enough to use a gong?
I can shoot 250 at my house....25/50/100 right off my back porch and the 250 is at one of my food plots shooting into a creek bottom (also my property). I'm trying to buy some land on my north side where I will make a 500 yard (possibly) set up. Nothing professional, but it'll work!:thumbsup: Almost have my smaller gongs set up, just need to go buy a little more chain to set em up!

Reactions: NoMoSurf

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
The title of this thread got my wife all excited. Glad to find out it's about a shooting target & not the store.

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The title of this thread got my wife all excited. Glad to find out it's about a shooting target & not the store.
I wish my ole lady got excited over something like that:shifty::whistling:;)

Wade, Mike----The 300 WM melts through the target at 50 yards. I don't think it'll be that bad stretched out... Supposedly it'll take a 30-06 so the M1 oughta be OK....:thumbsup: After deer season is up, feel free to hit me up and come out!:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts