Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Our economy is in a state of flux. The Federal Reserve just cut the discount rate by ½%, which the stock market liked. However, longer term consequences may be dire due to severe decline of the dollar. The state of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> has declared a state of emergency, and reduced budgets severely. Our own UWF was subjected to a $6.3 million cutback. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">So, there is a severe need to do something and to do something important, particularly because of the state budget crisis. I have a proposal, which I hope the esteemed reader will seriously consider. This has been in the back of my mind for a very long time, and now is the time to consider it fully.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The latest FWC newsletter features a photo of two FWC fish police, scanning the horizon, looking for people who have caught red snapper ½ inch too short. Guns strapped to their side, they are poised to swoop down and arrest the offenders, using their $100,000 boats with two huge outboard motors.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">My proposal is this. Disband the FWC completely. Sink their boats as off shore reefs. What better way to promote red snapper fisheries? Lay off all the fish police and let them work at Mac Donald?s. No wait, I have too much respect for Mac Donald?s. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">This proposal will save the state of <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> millions of dollars. Our university will get a reprieve. The sunken boats will foster new generations of red snappers, trigger fish and grouper galore. <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> sportsmen rejoice.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
guess you have been busted with undersized fish before???:nonono They make enough money from the tickets and fines from the people who dont respect the legal limits to pay for the boats and fuel and also protect our resources so our kids can fish. I say :bowdown FWC...protect our fish!!! So my kids can fish and not just have me tell them stories about it.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Why are you mad at the FWC for enforcing the law? If you don't like the law there are ways for you to change it. Start a petition and get a constitutional amendment. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> law is actually way to easy for citizen initiatives like that. But to say the problem is with those who enforce the law instead of the law and/or lawmakers is simply ignorance on your part.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
AUradar (10/9/2007)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Why are you mad at the FWC for enforcing the law? If you don't like the law there are ways for you to change it. Start a petition and get a constitutional amendment. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> law is actually way to easy for citizen initiatives like that. But to say the problem is with those who enforce the law instead of the law and/or lawmakers is simply ignorance on your part.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Wise words & well said!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Personally I applaud the FWC. They are protecting our resource! They are the enforcers not the lawmakers.

Last summer a buddy of mine and I were sitting on a spot near FWB catchiing and releasing Kings. The boat next to us was stuffing their fishbox with them. We were to say the least disgusted. A few minutes later the FWC "swooped". Apparently they had been watching for some time. Never even checked our license.

we waved and gave them a thumbs up!

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
How quickly you boys forget.(Remember Nitzey's the one who's grandson cant catch fish!!)I hear ya Nitzey, maybe a little overboard, but at least somebody's thinking outside the box!!Even though you were one of the chosen ones who actually did nothing wrong, could you imagine the mass of idiots that would run loose out there unchecked!! Its bad enough with guys breaking the law knowing they may get caught, imagine if there were no enforcement!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
can you guys not see that this is nothing more than a troll here to stir the pot?

argue with them and they win. ignore them and they will eventually go away.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Voodoo Lounge (10/9/2007)If its the same Nitzey from the old forum he's no troll, just a pissed taxpayer!!
old troll or new, the same philosophy would still apply!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nitzey (10/8/2007)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Our economy is in a state of flux. The Federal Reserve just cut the discount rate by ½%, which the stock market liked. However, longer term consequences may be dire due to severe decline of the dollar. The state of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> has declared a state of emergency, and reduced budgets severely. Our own UWF was subjected to a $6.3 million cutback. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">So, there is a severe need to do something and to do something important, particularly because of the state budget crisis. I have a proposal, which I hope the esteemed reader will seriously consider. This has been in the back of my mind for a very long time, and now is the time to consider it fully.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The latest FWC newsletter features a photo of two FWC fish police, scanning the horizon, looking for people who have caught red snapper ½ inch too short. Guns strapped to their side, they are poised to swoop down and arrest the offenders, using their $100,000 boats with two huge outboard motors.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">My proposal is this. Disband the FWC completely. Sink their boats as off shore reefs. What better way to promote red snapper fisheries? Lay off all the fish police and let them work at Mac Donald?s. No wait, I have too much respect for Mac Donald?s. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">This proposal will save the state of <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> millions of dollars. Our university will get a reprieve. The sunken boats will foster new generations of red snappers, trigger fish and grouper galore. <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> sportsmen rejoice.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Ok I'll bite.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Nitzey, although I supported you and your Grandson in your plight over the "illegal" fish creel limit incident, I find this suggestion not only preposterous, but inflamatory,without merit and obviously little thought.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Next time you are conducting your budgetary research see how much money FWC raises and if in fact they are self sustaining.I imagine they are one of the few state agencies that actually contribute to the general fund or their own budget by bringing in revenue.As for getting along without law enforcement, try visiting parts of Africa or Afghanistan where local bullies rule because of weak or nill law enforcement presence.Don't judge an entire organization by one bad experience.These guys save human lives as well as fish for our future.They write life preserver tickets as well for little tots like your grandson to those ignorant and/or irresponsible adults that should be looking out for the safety of those not capable of looking out for themselves.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
David Ridenour (10/9/2007)
Nitzey (10/8/2007)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Our economy is in a state of flux. The Federal Reserve just cut the discount rate by ½%, which the stock market liked. However, longer term consequences may be dire due to severe decline of the dollar. The state of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> has declared a state of emergency, and reduced budgets severely. Our own UWF was subjected to a $6.3 million cutback. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">So, there is a severe need to do something and to do something important, particularly because of the state budget crisis. I have a proposal, which I hope the esteemed reader will seriously consider. This has been in the back of my mind for a very long time, and now is the time to consider it fully.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The latest FWC newsletter features a photo of two FWC fish police, scanning the horizon, looking for people who have caught red snapper ½ inch too short. Guns strapped to their side, they are poised to swoop down and arrest the offenders, using their $100,000 boats with two huge outboard motors.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">My proposal is this. Disband the FWC completely. Sink their boats as off shore reefs. What better way to promote red snapper fisheries? Lay off all the fish police and let them work at Mac Donald?s. No wait, I have too much respect for Mac Donald?s. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">This proposal will save the state of <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> millions of dollars. Our university will get a reprieve. The sunken boats will foster new generations of red snappers, trigger fish and grouper galore. <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> sportsmen rejoice.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Ok I'll bite.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Nitzey, although I supported you and your Grandson in your plight over the "illegal" fish creel limit incident, I find this suggestion not only preposterous, but inflamatory,without merit and obviously little thought.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Next time you are conducting your budgetary research see how much money FWC raises and if in fact they are self sustaining.I imagine they are one of the few state agencies that actually contribute to the general fund or their own budget by bringing in revenue.As for getting along without law enforcement, try visiting parts of Africa or Afghanistan where local bullies rule because of weak or nill law enforcement presence.Don't judge an entire organization by one bad experience.These guys save human lives as well as fish for our future.They write life preserver tickets as well for little tots like your grandson to those ignorant and/or irresponsible adults that should be looking out for the safety of those not capable of looking out for themselves.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Well said David:clap

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, of course this was meant to be preposterous. That is what satire is. Did any of you catch the meaning of the title, and where it came from?

However, I have written to the governor and am not through writing either. Consider this: I have fished my whole life, and from Maine to Louisiana and on the west coast too. In all this time I have been stopped and inspected many times, but only <U>once</U> in other states. In Florida, however, I have been stopped frequently in the past couple of years. This agency is out of control.Why did I buy this boat for umpteen thousands of dollars to be harassed by poorly trained fish police? No one attempts to arrest me when I play tennis. They stopped me a couple of times in The Pass. The Passis no place to idle. Last year the incompetent officer had me searching in the cabin for my papers and to bring out another life jacket while my grandson was curled up sleeping on the seat next to where I had been steering the boat. Their first priority should be safety, and I should have refused to leave my grandson to retrieve those papers. This agency is out of control and needs to be reigned in.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Not all of us missed the reference, there is nothing like the taste of an Irish baby to fill the gullet of an Englishman.

Nitzey is not a troll. Inflamatory or not like most of us, he has his opinions. This for sure is not a real recommendation, nor was the original proposal, just a way to bring attention to an issue that is in distress. In that arena I am sure we are all on the same team.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They are just doing there job..... they are there to protect you, your grandson and our waters and land. We need them out there for all of the scum that think there areno laws on the water. These guys work hard to protect us and I applaud them for what they do. I have been stopped numerous times and not once did I have a problem. As long as you abide by the law, there is nothing they can do to you. One word of advice, keep all important paperwork, first-aid, flares, etc. in a easy to reach boat bag. One officer was impressed when everything he asked for was quickly retrieved.....

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
maybe it was a good stop then. If you were searching in the cabin for a life jacket, well, what would you have done if it was needed?

I've never understood the concept of bashing LEO for enforcing the law. If you don't like the law, work to change it. But to take it out on the LEO???? I don't like getting stopped and waiting in line on roads in construction zones. Should I bash the flag man for making me wait??? He's the one that stopped me so its his and only his fault, correct?

With that said, there is no excuse for LEO not being as polite and professional as possible.

·
Registered
244 Posts
sorry you got checked, even tho your paperwork on your boat is supposed to be accessable, and all life jackets and equipment is supposed to be within sight and reach...good thing you did get checked in case something happened. sounds like they did their job. i hope you didn't get fined, but if you did, it should help you knowing you contributed to a great cause. so...why the rant?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
lil_fisherman (10/12/2007)sorry you got checked, even tho your paperwork on your boat is supposed to be accessable, and all life jackets and equipment is supposed to be within sight and reach...
Good advise but not true. Only the throw device has to be within reach. ;) Life jackets have to be on board with EASY ACCESS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts