Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about going out Friday morning to 3 barges and need a little help. I haven't done a lot of bottom fishing and was wondering what everybody uses for triggerfish. Looking for as much information as I can get from rigging to bait to use or if I may even catch 1 out there. Gonna do some bottom fishing for flounder and whatever else may be out there but would like to try for a trigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My favorite cut bait offshore is fresh bonita! It stays on the hook good and works better than squid. 2 hook chicken rig thats what I caught my 9 lb trigger on last year out of the yak. I catch my bobos on the really small diamond jigs this time of year they are feeding on really small bait and those tiny diamond jigs will out fish any other lure!
IMG_1837.jpg

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Be careful out there Friday. A 20 MPH N wind like they are calling for is not something I would want to paddle against on the way in!
yeah I don't think I would go with that strong of a north wind first time offshore....if you are paddling the only way you will be able to fish is to anchor because you will drift too fast

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I saw that wind also. But it's still early in the week things change on a dime around here. By the way that is a monster trigger yakker good lord. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If its to gnarly I may for go the offshore this weekend and just had 3 mile bridge at night for the Reds. I get off at 5 on Thursday so I made the Thursday night. It's all about the weather though

·
Registered
519 Posts
When me an my buddies were fishing bridge rubble like 2 weeks ago we were catching them on cut bait an frozen/live shrimp!

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
8-14 N winds are still pretty shitty. I don't go offshore in N winds any stronger than 10mph cause it makes for a long trip home.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard for Pickens road was closed but I just called and it is open so I think I may try 3barges tomorrow morning. anybody wants to see me fight some wind or maybe go fishin I'll be there around 9 o'clock in the morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts