Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Redfish
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow PFF member Ghostface and I decided to try our luck at Ono island at night to hit all the "lights." We launched at the River Road Kayak launch and hit the lights right next to the launch. Caught a few trout and some nasty ladyfish (hate those buggers) and decided to make the trek over to Ono. We came across a dock with some underwater lights and had some luck with the trout but it was very slow. Decided to venture further down Ono and found a few more dock lights but most of the docks had their lights turned off :censored: and after about 2 hours of pedaling down the coast we decided to enter Florida waters across the channel and hit these lights that we saw when launching and they were super super bright. The trout were thick under these lights and were hitting the DOA like crazy. We fished from 8:30 to 12:45 and ended up catching about 30 trout, kept 4, and 2 nasty ladyfish. Really hope the flounder start moving soon!

Attachments

·
Redfish
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yeah definitely didn't keep the ladies, but I have heard of people freezing them whole then scooping out the meat, doesn't sound too appealing to me hahaha. And I agree with Parrothead, it's my favorite shark bait, nothing better than a stinky ladyfish steak for the sharks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts