Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the last 3 days in Key West. Good food, great beverages, and good company.

Headed to Key Largo for a few days. Had the fishing jones, so went by Bud n' Marys' Marina. Booked Capt. Clyde Upchurch for some inshore fun.

This morning we caught and released more snook, redfish, mangrove snapper, and other stuff than I could count. Nothing huge, but great fun. I did hook a couple of plus-sized fish but popped the hook or lost them on the mangroves. The trip cost less than an 1/2 day boat rental.

There is so much water here. Every spot looks fishy. But every spot isn't. We rode about 20 miles I guess to this one island that was loaded with fish. A guide with 35+ years experience is worth the money.

That said, I don't think I'll come back down here without dragging a boat. It's too pretty to not be on the water. Will send some pics when the Capt posts them for us.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip, look forward to the pictures!

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Any time you can do something you like and find the worth of those you entrust, it's Golden. So glad for you, sounds like another adventure is in-store! Need pics!

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a few pics

Didn't take many. Time on the water was really nice.

Attachments

Reactions: THE POMPANO KING

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Glad ya'll had a great time...bucket list trip fer me. Son really wants to go peacock fishing and I want to catch them knife fish too...Snook is on the hit list too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts