Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Little fish, big pond
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, high tide coincided with sundown! Got to the beach a little before 3, with 3 different baits, threw out 4 rods into the relatively calm gulf by 3:05. I had some fresh menhadden, so I chunked one up and threw it into the gulf, within a few minutes I saw a small blue leap into the air in the same general location that I had thrown the chum. 10 minutes later, I caught a little blue exactly the same size as the one I saw jump.
While the sun was down but the sky was still on fire, I caught 2 pomps back to back. Never before have I caught pompano after dark so I thought that would be the last, of those, and with the menhadden I was thinking REDS all night. Shortly after it got completely dark I caught a third pomp, and then a fourth, and then a fifth. I was catching everything short, so I brought in my long rod and it's menhadden, swapped i tout for some fresh bait, and made another long cast with it. Shortly there after I caught what I thought was my sixth pompano, but it was my seventh, and since it was on 9" it went back to fight another day. It wasn't until I got home and began the cleaning process that I realized that I had a limit. Oh yeah, to the bonus, at 7:00 my long rod doubled over, and almost pulled my cart over. Two long runs and two short runs later I brought in a 34" inch black drum, and left for home at 7:30

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts