Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl friend went hunting with me this weekend for her first hunt ever. This morning we went out and used the fog to our advantage by laying flat in a field and watching some edges. She dozed off and when I noticed two coyotes walking right up to us I gave her a little nudge as we watch these 2 yotes walk almost on us to about 20 feet. Very cool thing was one of them was black. Couldnt shoot them cause I would have had to shoot over my partner so I grabed the video camera and got a few seconds of footage before they caught our wind and bolted. 30 Minutes later the regular colored one came back and out in front of us which was a mistake for him. Yote down on the field. 30 minutes later my girl friendspots a deer her first ever and it turns out to be a nice looking 6 point. He wouldnt stop in the clear long enough for a shot but it was awesome to see him and we were pumped. 10 minutes later I notice a buck behind some brush with just a little of his head sticking outhe was froze like he might have seen or heard us and trotted off. Watching him trott off we notice out in the field walking toward us is a nice 7 point walking right at us at about 50 yards but he was behind us and when we turned to look at him he noticed us and started running further in the field so I sat up and told my partner to film him I let out a little grunt and when I did he stopped and looked right at us. I put the hairson him and let the30-06 do its dirty work. My partner started filming as Iwas sayingI hit him and we watched him run about 50 yards andgo down..... Buck down!!!!!! Look one way a yote down look theother and there lays a 7 point look the other and theres my girl friend with a grin from ear to ear...Thought I was dreaming still waiting to wake up...Needless to say it was AWESOME and my girl friend was right next to me for the whole thing...:toast

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You better keep that girl!!!!!:clap....congrat's sounds like a great day!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes she is a great girl and I'm very lucky. Same girl bought me my bow and gave it to me as an early Christmas present so I could use it this past season.... A keeper for sure :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just watched the video this morning. Nice buck for early season...for us anyways. Congrats on the buck and the black coyote was cool. Man the fog was thick on that video, love hunting in the fog!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Sounds Great!!! CONGRATS!:clap

Where is the pics of the deer, and the Galfriend???????:doh:letsdrink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts