Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a deer to them the other day, turn around on it was 24 hours! I got burger and a few different sausages they offer (breakfast, cajun, and Italian) just to try. So far everything has been excellent! I would highly recommend them to anyone for processing or even there beef and pork products.

They're located on Fairfield just north of Lillian for those who don't know

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
They did 4 deer for me last year... I don't remember how much it was a pound but it was reasonable...hoping to take one to them after youth weekend in Alabama

·
Registered
881 Posts
Not sure of the prices but quartered is the way to go they process all my hogs and deer i just dont have the time or equipment to make my own sausage.i belive they have the best steaks in town.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took them the deer quartered (it was relatively small) and had them do half of it in ground burger with 25% beef fat and the other half in various sausages with pork fat and it was $62.
I had a price sheet from them but I think I threw it away.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they do a good job there, really "that neighborhood" local business. Know what I mean?
Yeah it really is that type of business. I believe it's a father and son who own it and do all the work. Both are very nice and pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You save alot deboning it usually. Most places charge high prices to debone meat.

Anyway do you have an address for them I may try them this year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I asked a couple years ago about grinding some deer. Was quoted $2 per pound. I said, "what I meant was how much to grind my deboned deer meat". He said $2 per pound. Beef costs less. They are crazy as hell. Never went back

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
I asked a couple years ago about grinding some deer. Was quoted $2 per pound. I said, "what I meant was how much to grind my deboned deer meat". He said $2 per pound. Beef costs less. They are crazy as hell. Never went back
sure we are all talking about the same place? At the intersection of fairfield and lillian? cant picture the above, i have been in there many times.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Could have been the previous owners. I don't think the guys that own it now have owned it to terribly long...I could be wrong though

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, same place across from the old winn dixie and scotty's hardware. I guess it could have been previous owners. Not sure. What I am sure of though is last time I had deer processed, it was .47 per lb. not there though. I must be stuck in the past

·
Praedator
10,212 Posts
Yeah, same place across from the old winn dixie and scotty's hardware. I guess it could have been previous owners. Not sure. What I am sure of though is last time I had deer processed, it was .47 per lb. not there though. I must be stuck in the past
It used to be Mallory's Meat Market and maybe one other name. It's been through three owners since about 2005. So you more than likely dealt with one of the previous owners.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts