Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two boys showed up in the yard after I'd been smelling something back in the woods behind the house which I 'spect must've been momma. I know better, probably should've gave em a CB cap instead of a bottle, guess I'm getting soft in my old age.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
Heck, I love my critters....I don't blame ya!

·
Registered
554 Posts
We also had a pet raccoon growing up. He was a great pet. My Mom cooked him chicken wings - not fried though, they were his absolute favorite meal. We would also give him an ice cream cone & he would hold it with his hands to eat it. I'd love to have another one, but we had to lock all of our kitchen cabinets, refrigerator and the freezer!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I grew up coon hunting and got to see what those things could do to a 60lb Walker....I don't want any part of it!

Reactions: Deeplines

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I hope that you either keep them permanently, or take to an animal rescue like the one in northwest Florida in Pensacola. The mayor of Atmore took a shovel to a friendly one and got himself on the news this week. They are cute.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I grew up coon hunting and got to see what those things could do to a 60lb Walker....I don't want any part of it!
I hope these little guys don't figure out that I took out many, many hundreds of their kinfolk back in my trapping and fur hunting days.
We've raised a lot of critters, from possums to flying squirrels and about everything in between and coons are probably the smartest of the bunch and the most fun... when they're small. The males become demon possessed when they are about five or six months old.

·
Registered
349 Posts
They are cute until they start destroying your fruit trees. My pear and Apple tree's were almost destroyed last year with them climbing and breaking the limbs trying to get the fruit.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
They are cool when small. After they can walk I take them all out. Destructive little jokers plus the destroy turkey, and quail nests. Same goes for opposum, and armadillo also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I had a black and tan that got his ear tore up on a tree one night when he was young. After that, he would chew a tree down to get a piece of one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts