Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
JointVenture (4/15/2010)Are we really havingthis discussion? As stated earlier, I would understand if it was a substantial amount, but over couple BUCKS? Bottom line, the folks at GBB&T AND Hot Spots (both in GB) are both genuine and ethical. Maybe if you shopped at places other than WalMart, you'll realize the real benefit of these stores...quality over quantity.

Who in their right mind would bash a local business (on the internet, might I add) over a couple bucks? I understand your frustration, but how will this statement/thread benefit ANY of us?? Eat the dollar and move on.....

You should change your screen name to Money Bags. It was over 3 bucks difference in price and maybe not to you but to a lot of us $3 isn't just a drop in the bucket as you make it sound. Maybe to you they have been ethical but to this particular customer and to others that have now posted here there have been instances of poor customer service. Nobody is saying boycott these local businesses, they're just pointing out bad customer service practices that need to be resolved and not just pushed under the rug as you suggest because $3 is nothing to you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think it's a great store, no question, and there are some great guys working there - and I enjoy shopping there, but I know where the op is coming from. I shop there at least once a week and have been for about a year now yet still no one there recognizes me from adam. I've been in Hot Spots maybe only a dozen times and everyone in there remembers me - as a result, I buy bait from one place and buy all the high $$ stuff from the other, you guess which. Again, both a great stores, but when you have so much competition, the differentiator to me (and maybe not for everyone) is customer service.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I totally agree with how you feel. In my mind a tackle store should be buying me as a customer. If I go into a tackle shop and the guys are nice to me, I'm going to keep coming back. There are some tackle shops I go to frequently and there are some I don't.

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts
I can't believe I just agreed with lobsterman, 69Viking and WW2 all in the same thread. What is this world coming too???? :) :)

One lesson here is that a good reputation/testimony can be lost in an instant.

Another lesson is, this is a good forum to vent..... as long as your willing to take it when you dish it out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
69Viking (4/15/2010)You should change your screen name to Money Bags. It was over 3 bucks difference in price and maybe not to you but to a lot of us $3 isn't just a drop in the bucket as you make it sound. Maybe to you they have been ethical but to this particular customer and to others that have now posted here there have been instances of poor customer service. Nobody is saying boycott these local businesses, they're just pointing out bad customer service practices that need to be resolved and not just pushed under the rug as you suggest because $3 is nothing to you.
First off, I work full time and attend college full time- so yes, I can stretch $3 a long way. My point was that just because the employee and customer weren't on the same page that particular day doesn't merit the title "<U>crooked business practice</U>."

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
You are correct, it shouldn't have been labeled "crooked business practice". This was one employee, not the business. BUT, it's about the principle of the thing, not $3.

The employee knew what he was doing and said nothing. Not much customer service at all from that particular employee on that particular day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just wanted to point out a problem. It really wasn't about the money, but more about principle. I felt like the guy KNEW EXACTLY what he was doing. Didn't mean to step on anyones toes.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
swhiting (4/15/2010)I can't believe I just agreed with lobsterman, 69Viking and WW2 all in the same thread. What is this world coming too???? :) :)

One lesson here is that a good reputation/testimony can be lost in an instant.

Another lesson is, this is a good forum to vent..... as long as your willing to take it when you dish it out.
I believe there is SNOW on the way!!!

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
I spend the majority of my tackle budget @ this store. My budget is pretty sizable (not because I'm rich, I'm single with no kids). I believe the sign out front originally explained $1.99 per dozen for 3 or more. They shortened it to advertise something else. I do agree the guy behind the counter should have informed you of the discount. And I certainly understand your frustration. A dollar is a dollar, and $3 is $3. We all value or money.

Who knows what the guy dealt with before you walked in the door. I hope your next experience is a better one. And I hope you catch some fish!

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
gator7_5 (4/15/2010)
Coco Solo (4/15/2010)You can't beat $1.99 per ,though! :) So was it GBB&T?

well... yeah you can. Outcast offers 1.99 dozen with no catches. Wether its one dozen or 100. Just sayin.

It's on 3 dozen or more there as well. Just sayin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same thing happened to me.

I got a box of hooks $4.99 and two dozen shrimp rang it up and the dude tells me $13 something.

I said "I thought the shrimp were 1.99 a dozen"

Oh, that's for 3 doz. or more.

WTF, told him give me another doz., spent less got more, was not happy about the experience either.

The sign out front says Live shrimp $1.99 a doz. dosen't mention any minimum quantity.

Not a very good business practice, seems like a bait and switch. (pun intended)

·
Registered
239 Posts
JOE Z ACTUALLY BEFORE YOU START "JUST SAYING" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. OUTCAST SHRIMP ARE 1.99 A DOZEN FOR 1 OR 100. BEFORE YOU COME ON AND JUST SAY AGAIN, MAKE SURE YOU ARE RIGHT WITH WHAT YOU ARE "JUST SAYING"

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Jurys In (4/15/2010)JOE Z ACTUALLY BEFORE YOU START "JUST SAYING" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. OUTCAST SHRIMP ARE 1.99 A DOZEN FOR 1 OR 100. BEFORE YOU COME ON AND JUST SAY AGAIN, MAKE SURE YOU ARE RIGHT WITH WHAT YOU ARE "JUST SAYING"

·
Registered
931 Posts
Only thing that should be changed is Sign outside to say 3 or more.... or just Shrimp on Sale.... I enjoy having GBBT and all the other B&T stores around.

Let's go fishing... Have fun, and next time talk to the person at the store, I'm sure either themselves or the Manager can get it straight...

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
JointVenture (4/15/2010)Are we really havingthis discussion? As stated earlier, I would understand if it was a substantial amount, but over couple BUCKS? Bottom line, the folks at GBB&T AND Hot Spots (both in GB) are both genuine and ethical. Maybe if you shopped at places other than WalMart, you'll realize the real benefit of these stores...quality over quantity.

Who in their right mind would bash a local business (on the internet, might I add) over a couple bucks? I understand your frustration, but how will this statement/thread benefit ANY of us?? Eat the dollar and move on.....
It's not about the money IMO, I have shopped there since I was a kid, 30+ years and as of last season have not and will never again unless I'm riding with some one else and they stop there to get bait and I have no choice.I bought a Shimano rod with an ultralite Penn reel for my step son last year and 2 days later the tip broke off the rod, ( Defect IMO he was not trying to catch a king on it) So I brought it back to have it replaced as warranty stated, and the guy put a new tip on it and then said " that will be $4.50" I said what happened to the warranty ? and his reply was short and indifferent" They don't cover breaks" My question is what else would you need a warranty for?

Again, it's not about the money it's about customer service, I know they don't care about loosing me as a customer even though in my life I could buy a new boat with the money I have spent there in the past , and I don't care, and this is why......

HALF HITHCH BABY!!!!!

Never had a bad experience and most likley never will, great service , better prices and cooler people, (Redfish):letsdrink

·
Registered
684 Posts
It seems we're lining up and taking sides here so I guess i'm on the customer service side. The bait deal was mentioned as happening more than once to more than one person. I've lived here all my life and have always noticed that particular B&T has always had a cliche -ishair about it. Your either one of the boys or just some shmoe they have to put up with. I've been in customer service business's all my life and have learned that that guy buyin a single 1 dollar item should be treated like the guy buyin the VS. He may be back next week to outfit his whole boat.And just cause I come in everyday and shoot the bull does'nt mean I should be given priority over the guy who stops by once a month toactually buy something.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Jurys In (15/04/2010)JOE Z ACTUALLY BEFORE YOU START "JUST SAYING" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. OUTCAST SHRIMP ARE 1.99 A DOZEN FOR 1 OR 100. BEFORE YOU COME ON AND JUST SAY AGAIN,MAKE SURE YOU ARE RIGHT WITH WHAT YOU ARE "JUST SAYING"

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/Topic522037.aspx

Check your caps lock key (and the link I posted) just sayin'. Maybe they changed it up, don't know, I don't get over there much any more.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts