Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm 99% down the road towards the purchase of a new to me offshore boat. It's my buddy's boat and only has 440 hours on it due to the fact he fights fires out of state 3/4 of the year. I've been offshore chasing tuna 150 miles 3 times in this boat and other than 2012 electronics, everything functions well and the boat is pristine. On top of all that, he's selling it to me at 15k less than low NADA retail. So Tuesday I had the survey scheduled and I'd not yet driven the boat so wanted to knock that out too. The surveyor didn't roll the storage shed door up high enough and when I pulled out, it knocked off the nav light. It still functions...but definitely will have to fix. Then while loading the boat, I trimmed the motors a little too high and put a rodholder sized crack/hole in each cowling. I know insurance will cover it but have you ever just felt like a dimwit for doing something so stupid?
I guess things come in 3's as a trailer kicked up a rock on the way home and put a ding in the glass of my new truck.
I am purchasing the boat and have talked to the owner about insurance covering the cowlings. I'll pay the deductible.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I write those off as learning experiences and move on. In the grand scheme of what can go wrong, that is nothing. Congrats on the new boat.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,789 Posts
Drives me crazy the rod holders hitting the cowlings. Why a manufacturer makes them where that will happen is beyond me. The old Everglades would do that. 2008 320cc

·
Registered
780 Posts
I cracked a cowling on a White 2019 Yamaha 300. Progressive covered it but out of pocket would have been $3200.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I think you can adjust those with an upper limit switch. But look at it this way, you got all 3 out of the way- so your due for a good run! Good Luck! You got this! Congrats.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well now that all that's out of the way show us the new sled! Sorry to hear about the bad day,but it coulda been alot worse,right?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Hopefully you got your mishaps out of the way, and here's to fair skies and following seas!

Oh and pics or it didn't happen...

Reactions: Last Chance 2

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you can adjust those with an upper limit switch. But look at it this way, you got all 3 out of the way- so your due for a good run! Good Luck! You got this! Congrats.
you can but its still stupid you cant pick the motor up far enough to put the lock on if you ever have a leak in trim system you cant hold motor up to get it some wear

·
Registered
13,355 Posts
She’s a looker for sure. We all pay the stupid tax...you just paid it up front. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Pretty ride! Is that a 26 foot? Congrats!

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
If no mechanical damage a 2 part Epoxy from west will fix your 2 goof ups, battel scars. I have them all over my boat but the mildew hides them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts