Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got off work yesterday morning and saw the sunshine for the first time in weeks it seems. Working midnights sucks. So there was no wind the sun was warm the temp was cool but not cold. I saw the weather channel say grey weather was on the way. I don’t normally stay up all night and all day but yesterday was a must. I loaded my jackson cuda 14 on the roof of my truck checked my equipment and off I went. Simpson river was the destination. As I topped the bridges in pace I got all excited cause the water was like a sheet of glass and there were birds dropping in. Oh man!!! Just thinking about it gets me amped up. So I arrived slipped into the water and away I went. I went under the bridge to to point and there were so many baitfish it looked like the water was boiling. Closer to the point I could see the big fish making waves so I threw everything I had but kept hanging in the grass. Even my top water was hanging in the grass. As I say there trying to change from one lure to another I saw a School of about 20-30 slots. The adrenaline is pumping so hard I’m losing my fine motor skills making the knot tying a very difficult task. As I continued to throw everything I had without success I was trying not to lose my temper. Nothing positive has ever come from that. I usually end up with broken rods when I do that lol. So I gave up and paddled to southeastern side of the island. It’s deeper and the bottom is an oyster bed. I threw the 17mr and just waited. 30-45 seconds and I twitch and wait. Another minute of taking in the beauty of what’s around me and I decide that even if I don’t catch one just being here is enough. I twitch the 17mr and BAM!!!!! Like a Mack truck smacks a deer on a dark highway. Drag ripping and adrenaline flowing I got one. Got it to the side of the yak and into the net. What a beauty!! 22 inch redfish landed and I’m done! Headed back to the ramp and homeward bound. A beautiful day, a beautiful fish and a delightful meal. Blackened redfish with long grain wild rice.

Attachments

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
It was a great day yesterday. Looks like you knocked it out with the food!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts