Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this for Flounderpounder 225. Absolutely sweet deal is anyones interested. Dang thing is better than new!

This is a unique situation. The pictures that you see are of a completely restored 1996 Johnson 225 Ocean Runner, the part you don't see is there is no powerhead inside the cowling. This project began last fall when I purchased the boat with a blown engine, my intention was to have the engine rebuilt and completely restore this unit to better than factory original. The powerhead was removed and turned in for rebuild and I began the process of overhauling the remainder of the engine. The original Mid-Section was badly corroded and many bolt holes were stripped, and the motor mounts were questionable, so I purchased a used 2002 midsection complete with a very clean tilt trim unit. All the aluminum components were professionally plastic media blasted, then treated with West Marine's Chemical conversion coating for superior adhesion of the paint system. Two part marine epoxy primer was then sprayed over everything while everything was dis-assembled, and two part catalyzed white polyurethane top coat was sprayed on all parts (3 coats), the tilt trim unit was done in Black Polyurethane. The engine cowling was also repainted and new decals applied, the lower unit is in excellent shape, pressure tested and fresh oil. Now that all of this has been completed, I have been told by the re-builder that the final cost of the powerhead rebuild is going to be much higher than we originally thought, and therefore I am now shifting my game plan and repowering with a Yamaha which is requiring me to pull all of the controls and rigging and change over to Yamaha. This motor is emaculate, and all it needs is a powerhead, if someone is rebuilding one, or just wants to swap their running powerhead into this unit you would have a better than new looking outboard on the back of your boat, all the painstaking labor and work has been done. I am selling everything OMC/Johnson related that I have all in this one package deal. I have more detailed pictures which I can send on request. Believe me, when you see this unit you will be very impressed.

- Binnacle Throttle control with Tilt trim switch and key switch (2 sets of keys)

- Extra Tilt trim Unit Motor

- Shift and throttle Cables

- BRP/Johnson System Check Gauge

- Tachometer

- Tilt Trim dash Gauge

- Stainless Steel Prop

- Full Engine/Dash wiring Harness

NOTE: I do have all the original parts to complete the powerhead if someone wants all that also, Crankshaft, carbs, Powerpack etc... it is all dis-assembled. Call me if you would like the details on the powerhead.

Marc

850-712-6196

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe he's asking $1500,sorry will update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts