Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My longtime good friend and barber, Charlie Kerr, takes his 90 year old father-in-law, Peter Glencoe, "Pete", fishing almost every week, or as often as he can. Pete has fished all of his life and is still an avid fisherman; born and raised in W. Virginia, he grew up fishing the lakes and streams of the hill country. Now a longtime resident of Pensacola, he is a determined saltwater angler.

Yesterday, Charlie and Pete went to the Bob Sykes for some action. Pete, armed with a "light" weight Shakespere rod wound with 12 lb test mono and using live LYs, hung into what must have seemed to him like the titanic. After a tremendous and valiantfight on the Red's part, and with Charlie standing by holding his breath, Pete ultimately was triumpant in landing this wonderful, and legal, Redfish. Measured 27" on the legal stick, and weighed in at 8.5 lbs. WOW!

Yeah man, that's fishing. And that is what I want to be doing when I get to be 90 years young. Way to go Pete! :bowdown

Let Pete know what you think of his catch. He'll love to hear your comments.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Woohooooo.... That is AWESOME!!! Great RED!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Danggggggg Mitch... how did you rack up 995 visits already???... :doh
Your FAST!! hehehehe

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice report and that's awesome, I wanted to go to Bob Sykes but my friend wanted to go out in a boat. I always have luck at Bob Sykes and we ended up not catching much in the boat.

Ted

·
Registered
512 Posts
There isn't many words that really describe it,but awesome comes to mind alot.I give a big :bowdown to anyone taking the time with family like that.Great fish,i hope you catch many more!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Excellent catch Pete, and way to go Charlie. I hope someone will fish with me when Im 90.:bowdown

1 - 20 of 26 Posts