Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
from the condition of that left front leg it looks like he made a wrong turn in front of the truck! hes in the freezer now though! Good buck

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a truck but might as well been. I shoot a .325 WSM. This buck ran with 3 others on a huge old cattle farm. I was sitting behind a hay bale ina pasture when this buck ran about 125 yards crosswind from me. I had seen several other small 7 & 8 points use the same trail that comes around a ditch in the field. He stopped for what seemed like eternity looked around, licked his nose looking in all directions for does in this part of the pasture. Finally he laid down in the ditch facing me. Every now and then before I saw him the wind would kind of swirl in that direction so I knew I had to shoot soon. I put my crosshairs center mass on his chest and shot. The bullet went in his chest came out and broke his leg. He still ran about 20 yards down in the ditch. I have been blessed this year, here are 2 I killed in bow season. I've already posted these but here they are again. I going to try to get my 9 year old on a larger one I've seen this weekend. Good luck to everyone

this weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts