Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a couple hours yesterday 9/3/12 and found this fatty. Ejaculated all over me but didn't bother me one bit. Took a little longer to find bait today though. Broke two fish off in the rubble. Both were very big but i'll take what I can get on 12lbs test. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Monster shoulders on that fish!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are. When they are feeding it is unreal. The night before a 20+lbs er ate one bait went straight 90 degrees right about 20' and swallowed the second bait. Caught it reeled it up and had two of my 9/0 circles in its mouth. My favorite time of the year is right now thru the winter. Less tourists, more bait and big fish. It's nice to not be out when it is 90+ degrees too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Caught on any bait I can trap in my 12' cast net. Fish was mad it wasted a load on my ugly as#:mad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me too. My girlfriend and I just got a couple used 16' tarpons. I want to catch some of these fatties off them this Friday or this weekend. Where do you fish? Kurt

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I will find bait on my boat then launch the kayak and you are more than welcome to tag along. Oh, if we don't catch fish we can stare at my girlfriends boobies and drink beer:drink: what sucks is I am going to need a pretty heavy anchor for a kayak if we do find fish. I love fishing from the kayak and need to do it more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Usually launch at Cinco Bayou get bait then go from there in lower Choctaw bay. I'll be getting ready for flounder this weekend too. MMM, MMM! GOOD!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The shallowest I have been lately was 12'. The deepest about 25'. Depends where I find bait. Fish seem to stay close to bait. Bottom of low tide or top of high usually works well for me too. Good luck and save a few for me to tug on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts