Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oxbeast1210 and I went headed out early this morn for what was to be another milestone for this ole Tennessee hillbilly kayak fisherman. The wind was pretty tough at daybreak and didnt let up for quite a while. Oscar started the day with a nice keeper Redfish caught topwater, despite the wind and choppy water. We fished on for a while and headed for some calmer water. After a bit, I hooked into my first fish. It was small but that didnt matter because it was going to be my first Redfish......So I thought, lol. It was a largemouth Bass! Lol I drove 400 miles, went through all kinds of bad luck and what do I catch? Bass! A fish that is rarely caught in this area we were in. Back home, I catch them all the time, lol. But, regardless, it was indeed a fish and I was happy that I wernt skunked. A few more casts and.......wait for it.....BAM! Another largemouth! Lol. Oscar was letting me go ahead first and fish the best spots so I can get my first ever redfish and I am pulling out Largemouth bass, lol. So as we fish on, another fish grabs on and its.....my first ever Speck! Very cool! He wernt big nuff to keep but it was just fine, I got my first Spec! Some more casts and another one, this time.....YES YES! A Redfish! My first REDFISH!! He was small but again, didnt matter to me, FINALLY! My First Redfish! So finally one of my bucket list fish was finaly a reality! So we fish on and ext thing we know, FLIPPER makes an appearence. Thank goodness Oscar let me know cause if he would have popped up near me, I would have thought SHARK, and then there would have. Een a real big splash and the first time a man walked on the water Since Jesus and Peter, or should I say ran on the water, lol. So We decided to move along andet Flipper do his thing and we fished on for a little while longer and decided to head back, troll with a jig and cast a little. I thought the day was pretty much done when I made a cast and bam! Another hit. O well, missed him, he was little anyway......but WAIT! What the heck, he is STILL ON, and Bigger than I thought. He went straight for me when he hit and fooled me. So after a bit, Oscar was netting him for me. THIS TIME, a KEEPER REDFISH!! Wow! What a day, this ole boy had a great time! Two first ever fish, and a great time to boot! I would like to give a big THANK YOU to Oscar for putting me on them! If it was t for him, my fishing story for my vacation would be one small Pinfish, lol. Oxbeast1210, is the man! He hung back and directed me to the fish, and didnt worry if he caught anything to give me a chance. Thank you Oscar for your time and patience and helping this ole hillbilly live a dream. I will upload pics tonite yall, so..stay tuned.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Congrats. Oxbeast is the man. He taught me everything I know. He will be sorely missed when he leaves.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Great story, Tennesseeyaker. Oxbeast1210 knows his stuff. Congrats on the first ever Red Fish and Speck. Sounds like yous had a blast on the water today. Great Job and thanks for the report! O*D*W

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats man, sounds like a great day on the water! +1 with Chaps, you'll definately be missed Oscar, and good on ya helpin out yet another fellow yakker!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
No the new go pro will be mostly for video this is my trusty ole waterproof camera i'm happy with it.
Bbarton has me wanting to take my dlsr out there but im scared of ruining it lol

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Im Moving to San Diego heading to the USS Boxer but ill be back hopefully if i play my cards right when I'm done with my military career I'm going to move back to just fish every day :) I purchased my house here I love this area!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts