Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got caught up on my honey dews this afternoon and fueled up the boat and hit the water. I caught a dozen crackers, a stump knocker and a few gills. I pondered on the idea of eating the bream or setting a few bush hooks. Finally decided to set a few lines. I had a really close call with a giant wasp nest that I didn't see until my head was about a foot away from it ! I jumped off the bow and ducked down next to the center console and reached up and grabbed the throttle and went full wide ass open reverse ! Lol ! The sky was full of wasp and water was pouring over the back of the boat as I raced out of there ! Somehow I made it out of there without getting bit . Hit the bilge got all the water out and went back to setting lines ...but was much more particular about checking out the bushes for wasp nest ! I put out 10 hooks and came back and baited them right at dark. I just checked them at 11 o'clock and I at least got the skunk off me. I caught one that's probably 7 or 8 lbs. I'll run them again here in a little bit, hopefully I'll have another one.
Bird Road surface Wood Door Grey

·
VIP of the PFF
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Made my final check at 2am . No more catfish but I did have a 5 1/2 foot long alligator gar. Released him and took off the last few remaining baits left on the other lines and called it a night. I didn't get a very good picture of him . I was too busy trying to stay out of the bushes and not drop my phone overboard.
Body jewelry Eyewear Liquid Jewellery Moisture

1 - 3 of 3 Posts