Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fished the bay on Sat and Sun for the family fishing rodeo and the king of the bay tournament. On Sat I caught 4 big jacks, 4 nice spanish(biggest being 5.38) and a 33.5 lb king! I forgot to get pics of the spanish from Sat because I donated them to the wildlife sanctuary, I did the same with the king but made sure to get pics!
9-17-2012 011.jpg

9-17-2012 013.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

On Sunday I had a decent king on and the hook pulled close to the kayak. That was the only king bite I had all day. But the big spanish were on fire! I caught 5 nice spanish all 25"-27". I knew for sure that the biggest spanish I caught on Sunday was quite a bit bigger than the one I weighed in on Sunday. Well I guess I just had a brain fart and thought the scales closed at 3pm only to find out after going home and showering, getting a bite to eat, that the scales closed at one..... Oh well still had a blast! Waking up at 3 am both days and according to my gps I kayaked a total of 26 miles on Sat and Sun makes it hard to think straight. At least thats my story!

I wound up getting first place king mackerel in the family fishing rodeo kayak division(the biggest fish weighed in the tournament!), 2nd place spanish in the open division and for now I am in first place in the king of the bay tournament.

Heres the pics of the spanish from Sunday.
IMG_1904.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
stud king for sure, ive yet to catch one.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Nice catch and congrats on the win

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Ever troll around the 3 MB for king? Im gonna give it a shot saturday morning! It will be my first time trying for king out of my yak! Is that a good place to try?

·
Senior Angler
35 Posts
Nice man, I thought you were gonna hit me up! I know it was the rodeo. Not that I could have pulled it off with two birthday parties. Big king, enjoy the Mercury.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts