Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished the bay on Sat and Sun for the family fishing rodeo and the king of the bay tournament. On Sat I caught 4 big jacks, 4 nice spanish(biggest being 5.38) and a 33.5 lb king! I forgot to get pics of the spanish from Sat because I donated them to the wildlife sanctuary, I did the same with the king but made sure to get pics!
Recreational fishing Fishing Sky Jigging Fish

Sky Recreational fishing Fishing Sea Recreation

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Compact sport utility vehicle Bumper

On Sunday I had a decent king on and the hook pulled close to the kayak. That was the only king bite I had all day. But the big spanish were on fire! I caught 5 nice spanish all 25"-27". I knew for sure that the biggest spanish I caught on Sunday was quite a bit bigger than the one I weighed in on Sunday. Well I guess I just had a brain fart and thought the scales closed at 3pm only to find out after going home and showering, getting a bite to eat, that the scales closed at one..... Oh well still had a blast! Waking up at 3 am both days and according to my gps I kayaked a total of 26 miles on Sat and Sun makes it hard to think straight. At least thats my story!

I wound up getting first place king mackerel in the family fishing rodeo kayak division(the biggest fish weighed in the tournament!), 2nd place spanish in the open division and for now I am in first place in the king of the bay tournament.

Heres the pics of the spanish from Sunday.
Fish Fish Sardine Mackerel Atlantic spanish mackerel

Attachments

·
Senior Angler
35 Posts
Nice man, I thought you were gonna hit me up! I know it was the rodeo. Not that I could have pulled it off with two birthday parties. Big king, enjoy the Mercury.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.