Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday morning was great in the surf but I wanted to check out some holes after the tide changed and came back in so after some boatwork with a buddy, I made my way back into the beach around 6:00.

It was horrible slow for a good bit with one lady fish to show. Right at dark the bait finally pushed in and the predators came with it. Nothing major though, 2 reds, 1 trout and a bunch of ladies. I needed the ladies for shark fishing though so that worked out.

Got back out on a different stretch of beach with a couple buddies and proceeded to go 1-8 on Sharks! Total fishing time? About 15 minutes. We were using lighter tackle in shallow water and the big Bulls showed up and kicked our ass. We did land a 5' Blacktip before losing our rigs. Lol, it was fun anyway, but next time we will have our normal gear for such things.

This morning I met up with Alan and Duck and we didn't waste time walking and looking. We went straight for the "gold" we found yesterday and we got it. Almost every cast was a hookup with Trout, Blues, Ladies and Whiting (yes, whiting hitting hard baits). The highlight was Alan's new personal best Speck at 30" and in the neighborhood of 8lbs! Beautiful fish and released to produce more. The bite completely died at 6:45 like a switch. We accepted it and headed home. Pretty good 24 hour fishing period I must say.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn that's a nice trout!!!

This part:

Almost every cast was a hookup with Trout, Blues, Ladies and Whiting (yes, whiting hitting hard baits).
...made me wonder. Do you keep casting in an area if you are getting ladyfish every cast? I have been moving on once I get a bunch of ladyfish hits back to back, thinking it's just a solid school of ladies.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that's a nice trout!!!

This part:

...made me wonder. Do you keep casting in an area if you are getting ladyfish every cast? I have been moving on once I get a bunch of ladyfish hits back to back, thinking it's just a solid school of ladies.
You gotta take the bad with the good. The Ladies are there for the same reason the specks and reds are; food. Once you've located ladies, then you may be in the right spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts