Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an thinking of joining 8 POINT (up off 29). Anyone know about--can you comment? Mainly looking at it because of the hogs--lots of em.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Not a bad club. The place off 29 is loaded with a ton of hogs and some good deer 2. There use to be a limit on the hogs but now their isn't you can shoot as many as you want. You also have access to the WMA thur that property. PM me if you would like some more info.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Anyone know how many, if any, members they are needing? I and a friend of mine would be interested in hunting there too...I have met a fella in the club, he spoke very highly of it.

SALTGRASS - shoot me an PM if you have any info on the club!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was a member a few years back. Good group of guys. Lots of hogs and even some nice deer up that way. I think you would enjoy hunting with that group......... Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
I was a member a couple of years ago. This club is run by a Escambia County Deputy. He does not know anything about deer management and ESPECIALLY hog management. His board of directors are ex-deputies and are a "clic". I do not believe that they even pay their fair share of dues. They simply raise the rate for the other members. Never,ever ask the directors how your dues are spent. You will be kicked out of the club. Do not even offer a suggestion as to how the club is run or the game animal harvest practices. You will be kicked out of the club.

The club president will find reasons to throw people out of the club so that he can make room for deputies or retires deputies. I was thrown out for this reason as was several others a couple of years ago. The president and the other retired club directors are simply dictators.

Enough said here. Anyone interested in joining the 8 Point hunting club off of hwy 29 in Bogia,feel free to PM me and I will tell you the real story about this club. Do not,repeat,do not listen to a club member that works at Mike's Gun Shop or the Sporting Goods Dept at WalMart. They are the presidents mouth pieces.

Do yourself a favor and talk around before joining. If you talk to the right people they will tell you the REAL story of what goes on at the 8 Point Hunting Club.

DON'T Join This Club !! -----SAWMAN

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
After talking to another ex-member of 8PT allow me to post this about how the club is governed.

You pay your money(IT is going up for the next several years),you are assigned a plot,NOT an area. You are allowed to build a shooting house overlooking that plot. You are allowed to shoot from that shooting house ONLY. Not even standing outside the house. If you see a game animal and want to try to close the distance from your shooting house to the end of your plot,you will be kicked out of the club by the president himself.

If you shoot at an animal while on the way to your shooting house you will be abruptly ejected from the club in a very public place. I was thrown out in the middle of a local diner during the busy part of the day. They want to make a statement that the board of directors are totally in charge.

If you make a simple statement to a board of directors member about how many game animals you should be allowed to shoot,you just might get a phone call at home(I did)from a intoxicated club president,using very foul language, and threatening to send your money back to you and immediately eject you from the club (I did).

The plot given to you could be 30ft wide. If you attempt to widen it by as much as 15ft you could be thrown out of the club(mine was,I was). If the small road leading down to your plot has a fallen pine tree in it,DO NOT attempt to cut it for access to your plot(even if you took a picture for "evidence")you just might be thrown out of the club(I did,I was)

DO NOT,and this is a biggie from the club president,DO NOT even as much as speak to a land manager/forester if you happen across them while in the club or at WalMart. YOU definitely WILL be thrown out of the club(I was).

I know that this post is gettin' long winded and be assured,I do not really care if you join the club or not. I simply feel that I owe my fellow sportsmen a better explanation of how the club is governed and it's spoken AND unspoken rules.

I am not the only one that feels this way about the 8 Point Hunting Club. Talk to previous members and surrounding land owners about the club. See how they feel before you join. PM me for a better list of the do's and don'ts of the club. I will even talk to you in person if you wish. I have absolutely noting to hide. I am a lifelong member of the NRA and am also USN retired. I have a Fla. CWP and am a disabled vet. I have no reason to BS anybody. As stated I feel that I owe the truth to my fellow sportsmen.

Good day to all. -----SAWMAN

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
Couple more things re. the 8 PT club.

You CANNOT access the WMA thru the club. Management will not allow it even though you physically can.

And......ask any club member how many days the members that have plots on the East side of the RR tracks were not able to hunt due to the height of the Escambia River that overflows the best part of the club. On their plots(E of the tracks) water on their plots was 3 feet deep during most of the rut.

I still have a friend that belongs to the club and he keeps me informed as to what's going on with the management and the animals killed there. He also belongs to the club that I'm in now.

Again,take a very close look at this club before you join it. ----SAWMAN

·
Super Moderator
20,439 Posts
If its so bad why is your buddy still a member. Dont take this the wrong way but other forum members that has hunted says its a pretty good place to hunt, you come on here with 3 post and all 3 on this topic. Either the others are misleading or you have a stick up your butt towards the guys that run the club other than what you have posted.

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
My friend is a member of 8Pt because he wants to be. He does not have to qualify his membership to me. I do not hate every member of the club. Apparently you have read this into my post for some reason.

I was notified by another ex-member of 8Pt as to the post asking about the club. I read all the posts and decided to respond. In order to respond I had to become a member. Unfortunately there seems to be some kind of problem with that for you.

As stated above,if you or someone else wants to join the club,have at it. I simply wanted to try to explain both sides of the story. I feel that I STILL owe it to my fellow sportsmen. That is my only agenda.

BTW....now I have 4 posts,not near as many as you....BUT......I'll be there someday.

Oh,also,what others say about this club is there opinion. Am I not entitled to my opinion ?? Should I have to have it approved by you ?? Sorry if i have broken forum rules in any way. This seems to be a great forum,I would like to hang around if possible.

Again sir....sorry for your displeasure. ----SAWMAN

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,242 Posts
So far, that's three members with one post for, and one member with three posts against.

If one car is going the wrong way in your lane, that's a fluke. If several cars are going the wrong way in your lane, you might just be in the wrong lane. :toast

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eight Pt. club is a JOKE. Has the land to be great, but needs a real president. If RMS would remove the present president, it would be a great place to join. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You know it don't matter what club it is. If there is more than 4 to 5 members there will always be some kind of issues in that club. I was in this club 9 years ago and got out, but I just joined it again this year. It may have some issues but they all do to a point. Just my 2.............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts