Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to launch tomorrow 0645ish from Bal Alex in GB. This will be my 3rd time out. If anyone is interested in rolling with, I'll be in a lure 13.5. Haven't decided if I'll make my way over to the 281 bridge or up to garcon point. I plan on be on the water until about 1430.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
uploadfromtaptalk1452296101813.jpg

Bastard wouldnt let me use the gripper so he got held up. I think it's a fluke....eyes on the left side or something like that. I ended up in the sound . I went to the east bay, bal alex boat launch and it was too choppy for this noob, went over to the sound and it was pretty calm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
13, I was going to release him to, but when I stuck the pliers in his mouth he flapped around and then swallowed the whole paddletail jig, I figured he was a goner, so I took him home and fried him up, nice afternoon snack for the kids to share.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's good to hear! beings it's right next to me. Well, the oriole beach and bal alex are right there as well.

Caught him in about 8ft of water.

What's the trick to locating reds and specks?

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Finding the bait! There's no special tricks.

Personally, I have put the paddle tail down and started using suspending baits. The water temperature in the area I fished was between 52-56 degrees and a slower presentation was the key to success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'll keep that in mind. I only found one group of jumping bait, pretty quite outside that. I hooked up that flounder on drop ledge . Also did quite a bit of cajun thunder doa popping with no success. I'm sure I'll start figuring things out the more I'm out there. Gotta start somewhere.

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
That jumping bait was most likely Mullet. Usually, if you see Mullet there are usually plenty of Trout and/ or Reds in the area. The majority of the fish I have caught have been in less then four feet of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll keep that in mind. I appreciate the advice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts