Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one was taken this past Friday.

Looks to me like the hase something growing out of his back???:poke

That can be fixed. Trying to find out if he was chasing. They think he broke off the tine running into a tree or limb after the shot. At least he recovered it so it could be fixed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jamesm1976 (1/9/2008)Looks like someone put his broken off tine in the bullet entry hole trying to play a joke.
Nope, the tine was in the bucks back when they recovered him. They believe it hit a limb or tree on his death run and snapped his head back far enough to stab himself in the upper back.

They really aren't sure how it happend but it isn't a joke.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Blue Hoo (1/9/2008)that is no growth-that's looks like a tine snapped off in his back
It was a joke about the "growth"...:poke

They aren't even sure how the tine ended up there but they recovered him and were amazed at the fact that the tine had stabbed him in the back? Crazy things happen in the woods.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here's another photo showing the shot placement. Just didn't want to post someone else's face online. Not sure if he would mind?

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
I'm glad someone is seeing deer up there....been sitting on a bunch of scrapes just north of LaurelHill but still in Florida and ain't seeing squat! Got my camera out....going to check it in the next few days and will post if there is anything worth while...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was hunting in between two scrapes where I had just hung my climber a few hours earlier. He came in around 4:30 chasing 3 does. I shot him at about 30 yards next to his scrape. When I shot, he bronco-bucked throwing his butt almost over his head and threw hishead back. He ran about 40 yards into some bushes and a pine tree. I noticed the tine was broke and thought he did it fighting. I went to tie my safety harness to his rack to drag him out and brushed his back with my hand getting poked by what I thought was a briar. I pushed his hair back and saw the tine flush with his hide. It was vertical in his back stuck between two ribs. I believe he snapped it off when he bronco-bucked when I shot him which was in the heart. The picture of the tine in his back was when I pulled it half way out to show everyone at our camp.

·
Registered
393 Posts
That is pretty weird. Man he must have thrown his head back hard. Pretty cool that you can glue it back on the rack and have a story to tell at the same time. Here is a nice 9 point killed in my club in Chimckla this past weekend. He came out Friday afternoon. Jimmy the guy who killed it is in one of the best areas in the club. He seems to always kill a good one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts