Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not make the crappie bite !!!! The structures that I crappie fished had plenty of crappie on them, but they had lock jaw. I caught one little 8 inch crappie . The fish finder showed plenty of fish were there but they would not eat my minnows. The only cool thing that happened while I was crappie fishing was that I saw a sturgeon breach the water. I took a can of wigglers with me just in case the crappie fishing didn't work out, and I'm sure glad that I did. I had about 2 hours of daylight left when I gave up on the crappie and went to one of my bream spots. I kept 15 bluegills and 5 shellcrackers. Plan B saved the day again. Lol !
Food Cuisine Dish Ingredient Fish

Food Ingredient Recipe Bivalve Seafood

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I could not make the crappie bite !!!! The structures that I crappie fished had plenty of crappie on them, but they had lock jaw. I caught one little 8 inch crappie . The fish finder showed plenty of fish were there but they would not eat my minnows. The only cool thing that happened while I was crappie fishing was that I saw a sturgeon breach the water. I took a can of wigglers with me just in case the crappie fishing didn't work out, and I'm sure glad that I did. I had about 2 hours of daylight left when I gave up on the crappie and went to one of my bream spots. I kept 15 bluegills and 5 shellcrackers. Plan B saved the day again. Lol !
View attachment 1093808
View attachment 1093807
Heck ya! I gota go find some shellcrakers.

·
VIP of the PFF
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys..... Yesterday was so much fun I went back and did it again this afternoon. The river was muddy and rising today and the channel cats were biting. I caught several catfish but only kept 2 that swallowed the hook. I didn't do quite as good as yesterday but I still enjoyed it. Kept 9 bluegills,4 shellcrackers , and 2 catfish.
Food Ingredient Animal product Seafood Cuisine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts