Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Skunk. Again. This morning was a fairly sloppy ride out with swells from the South and slop from the East. Left Harbor View at 6:00. I have stared at the Ripchart app so much I think I convinced myself that maybe.... just maybe.... there was some clean water NE of the Nipple but I was wrong. The water S was very cloudy and resembled bay water more than offshore water. Stopped 3 miles NE of Elbow and started across Nipple to 131. The water was nasty so headed up NE and water got almost brown. Found a line of trash and some vegetation about 7 miles East of Tenneco in 500 ft. Saw a bunch of small turtles but thats about it. Spent a few hours there then called it quits. The water 5 miles out of the pass is way more clear than 40 out... In town for 2 more days and going out tomorrow just not sure where. So for those at work tomorrow, you wont be missing anything out that way at least 馃檪 Man I am ready for the water to get back up this way.

Registered
We ran across a line at the elbow. Blue green water. Nice long line, went 0-5 on mahi and hoo, just one of those days. Everything was there for the taking we just didn鈥檛 do our part.

Registered
If you had gone a little further you might have gotten some better water. It's still not great out there though, but not horrible either.
1.jpeg

Registered
ran right bye the nipple yesterday looking for blue water and we ended up trolling the Destin dome area and picked up one mahi and missed a fish on center bally. water was nice but not rock solid blue. Trolled a trash line on way in east of nipple and missed one , picked up and ran in before storm which dissipated. we were in 23 contender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts