Premium Member
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dicks Sporting Goods

Daphne,Al.

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
I never thought id buy one of those silly looking expensive button up shirts that "fisherman" wear till now. Im older and wiser and have a little extra cash from time to time. Ive been wearing my long sleeve rash guard to fish in for some time now since i fish from a kayak and getting wet is part of the game. But the rash guard gets hot and sticky. Quite uncomfortable! I wear the rash guard because its got spf built in and im a pasty white boy that burns easily. The other night while wandering around bass pro my buddy picks up this $70 shirt and starts reading the labels on it. The thing is really engineered for fishing lol who knew? The fabric is very breathable and repels fish slime and blood. Its got spf built in and the fabric seems to stay cool to the touch. Its got tons of pockets and even a sunglasses cleaning area sewn in.

So off to the clearance rack we go and my wife starts thumbing through the rack. She likes the fact that I wont get sunburnt and it should stay somewhat clean looking. After some picking and holding up to me like a kid going school clothes shopping she has found the one. It is marked down to about $50 but she is dead set on getting a better deal on it than that. She finds some ink pen mark on the shoulder and asks for 10% off and then uses a military discount to get yet another 10% off.

As we leave the store shes all smiles due to getting a "good deal" on a really expensive shirt and im happy because I have a new piece of fishing gear.

The next day I fished the gulf for about 5 hours and didnt get the slightest bit pink from the sun. I also hooked a huge skipjack in the gills and he bled all over me. After a quick dunk in the water from a rough surf landing on the beach the shirt was 99% free of stains the other one percent I did have to scrub out as I washed down my kayak and other gear.

So no I wont pay full price for one of those shirts but I will keep my eye on the clearance rack from now on. Hope this helped:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I catch the elusive swordfish wearing this shirt?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I never thought id buy one of those silly looking expensive button up shirts that "fisherman" wear till now. Im older and wiser and have a little extra cash from time to time. Ive been wearing my long sleeve rash guard to fish in for some time now since i fish from a kayak and getting wet is part of the game. But the rash guard gets hot and sticky. Quite uncomfortable! I wear the rash guard because its got spf built in and im a pasty white boy that burns easily. The other night while wandering around bass pro my buddy picks up this $70 shirt and starts reading the labels on it. The thing is really engineered for fishing lol who knew? The fabric is very breathable and repels fish slime and blood. Its got spf built in and the fabric seems to stay cool to the touch. Its got tons of pockets and even a sunglasses cleaning area sewn in.

So off to the clearance rack we go and my wife starts thumbing through the rack. She likes the fact that I wont get sunburnt and it should stay somewhat clean looking. After some picking and holding up to me like a kid going school clothes shopping she has found the one. It is marked down to about $50 but she is dead set on getting a better deal on it than that. She finds some ink pen mark on the shoulder and asks for 10% off and then uses a military discount to get yet another 10% off.

As we leave the store shes all smiles due to getting a "good deal" on a really expensive shirt and im happy because I have a new piece of fishing gear.

The next day I fished the gulf for about 5 hours and didnt get the slightest bit pink from the sun. I also hooked a huge skipjack in the gills and he bled all over me. After a quick dunk in the water from a rough surf landing on the beach the shirt was 99% free of stains the other one percent I did have to scrub out as I washed down my kayak and other gear.

So no I wont pay full price for one of those shirts but I will keep my eye on the clearance rack from now on. Hope this helped:thumbsup:
Can I borrow your wife for a visit to BPS? I'll supply the ink stain:thumbup:

Jimmy

·
On a boat
918 Posts
Well judging by the stock at several bait and tackle shops it's more about the shirts than fishing stuff...

·
Banned
1,953 Posts

Wait till its time to iron it....lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wait till its time to iron it....lol
Why would you iron a fishing shirt? :blink:
I have one and they don't need ironing, in fact it says on the care instruction "DO NOT IRON".

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Why would you iron a fishing shirt? :blink:
I have one and they don't need ironing, in fact it says on the care instruction "DO NOT IRON".

Yeah if your ironing your fishing shirt then you have serious OCD issued and might want to seek professional counseling.

Mine only gets worn fishing hence the name "Fishing Shirt":thumbup:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
FYI....Beall's has a 50% sale on fishing shirts and shorts Labor day....
I picked up a couple of shirts and pants yesterday....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts