Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely fish or hunt on Saturday. Today reminded me why I don't. First, being retired I'm flexible and can fish with less competition on the river during the week. However being cooped up for days when the temp hit 45 degrees today and a sunny sky it was too much. Bundled up, hooked up, and headed to 7 Runs knowing full well the river is high and the water would be a mess.

Got to the ramp about 11:30 and there were rigs parked all over the place including in the campground since there were no campers. Must have been 12 to 15, maybe more.....and apparently all were hunting. I saw several boats tied up along the bank and no one fishing. Everyone was hunting except me. 4 or 5 boats came in about 1615 when I did and all were hunters. A couple of boats were loaded with dogs. I didn't see any deer or hogs.

Actually, I would have been hunting as well as fishing except I left my 16 ga. at the house so the pocket full of shells were useless!!!! It was a great afternoon though with little to no wind. Perfect for tree rat hunting.

Tough fishing with the current water conditions due to high water. Two crappie was the total take and they were released. Found a few concentrations but neither jigs nor minnows worked. Right now the fish are really scattered according to the Humminbird. I need my Kansas snowbird friend to get over the flu so he can perform some wizardry from the Land of Oz!

Water temp was 45 degrees. It's where it should be for some good crappie fishing somewhere????

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Good report sir. Got a trip planned for next week but will have a guest who I'm afraid will force me to deer hunt the whole weekend. Should be able to get at least one afternoon in looking for the crappie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts