Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys I had a buddy and his son that were itching to fish Saturday even though the weather was nasty at best . We made bait outside the Pensacola pass , punched in the spot in the ole gps and headed south , 2 & 1/2 hours and 55 miles later we pulled up to the spot on the 22OS . I got the guys set up on the spot , they dropped down 325’ to the bottom and bam ...both rods slammed the gunnel ...both got rocked up ...and for the next 3 hours as fast as I could rig the rods up they would drop back down with the same results over and over...well a few times they were able to get the fish up off the bottom before he leaders failed . The strongest leader I had on the boat was 100# and that wasn’t enough....well as frustrating as it was I will be going back with stronger leader material. I’ve been told by more than one person that I needed to get 125# pink Andi so I made a trip to the Half Hitch yesterday and picked up some and replaced my 20oz leads my fishing buddies lost . Gonna go back an get even lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well guys I had a buddy and his son that were itching to fish Saturday even though the weather was nasty at best . We made bait outside the Pensacola pass , punched in the spot in the ole gps and headed south , 2 & 1/2 hours and 55 miles later we pulled up to the spot on the 22OS . I got the guys set up on the spot , they dropped down 325’ to the bottom and bam ...both rods slammed the gunnel ...both got rocked up ...and for the next 3 hours as fast as I could rig the rods up they would drop back down with the same results over and over...well a few times they were able to get the fish up off the bottom before he leaders failed . The strongest leader I had on the boat was 100# and that wasn’t enough....well as frustrating as it was I will be going back with stronger leader material. I’ve been told by more than one person that I needed to get 125# pink Andi so I made a trip to the Half Hitch yesterday and picked up some and replaced my 20oz leads my fishing buddies lost . Gonna go back an get even lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
one thing that can help is tell them to crank up 15 cranks immediately. if no bites drop down and do 10 cranks then 5 etc. Sometimes big grouper if hunger, will come up an eat. That way you have a better chance.
This has worked for me plenty of times. This assures that you dont shut the bite off right away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts