Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my uncles that recently passed. It is a rust bucket, but may be worth something to someone. I can’t tell you anything about the motor. If anyone shows interest I will get some more information. Title in hand. Don’t have a clue of it’s worth. $500 ???
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
10,291 Posts
Looks like my old galaxy 500 might have a 289 like mine did. Great car points, plugs, condenser. Change oil you could actually work on it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I’m going to say sold pending work on my end. CurDog has first dibs. With 5 in-line after that. Yawl just be patient with me, it’s a process for sure. Title is in hand but needs to be move into family member in order to transfer. There is just a lot going when a family member passes. This weekend I will get more pics and we’ll try and see what motor it has.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,637 Posts
Im think some one stuck a 428 SCJ in it and some one will be getting gold for 500 bucks LOL!
That'd be smoking if it did. I'd have to give Chad more than 500 if it did.
Besides, not sure if I'll get it, need to look it over make sure the frame is solid and how much cancer it has in vital areas.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,637 Posts
I am definitely looking for a vehicle to build, mids 60's to early 80's ford or chevy truck. I swear I was looking at 64 and 65 galaxies to possibly build when I checked back here and seen this thread.
Maybe an omen?

* my 1st car was a 65 galaxie 500. I'd love to have another

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That'd be smoking if it did. I'd have to give Chad more than 500 if it did.
Besides, not sure if I'll get it, need to look it over make sure the frame is solid and how much cancer it has in vital areas.
My dad bought a pup wood truck with a big stick loader( What he wanted it for) close to 35 years ago that had a 429 interceptor in it. Apparently the original motor went south and the mans Son had drug up a car that was wrecked with intentions but had been sitting in his yard for years so motor swap and O'l dad wound up with it. Just crazy always wondering how often it happens.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
I am definitely looking for a vehicle to build, mids 60's to early 80's ford or chevy truck. I swear I was looking at 64 and 65 galaxies to possibly build when I checked back here and seen this thread.
Maybe an omen?

* my 1st car was a 65 galaxie 500. I'd love to have another
If you get it, please please please do a “build thread.”

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,637 Posts
My dad bought a pup wood truck with a big stick loader( What he wanted it for) close to 35 years ago that had a 429 interceptor in it. Apparently the original motor went south and the mans Son had drug up a car that was wrecked with intentions but had been sitting in his yard for years so motor swap and O'l dad wound up with it. Just crazy always wondering how often it happens.
The 428 Cobra Jet was "THE" engine, and can hold it's own still today against the LS engines, build for build.

If you get it, please please please do a “build thread.”
I will, whichever way I go. I may not even get it? I'm busy and Chad is too, but he's going to send me pics when he gets the chance, and I plan to go look at it when I get a little time. I was in FWB today, and going back tomorrow and then to PCB, so I'm tied up picking up parts and running errands. Also going to stop by PCB HD to test ride the 114ci motor they have. 😁

1 - 20 of 32 Posts