Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ignored the rain reports and headed to the beach for some fishing with some friends! Got all set up and lines in the water by 8. Water condition was clear and beautiful. No signs of grass or slime. Only thing was jelly fish, everywhere. Very busy day (as you can tell from my title) with blue runners and cats right off the bat. The blue runners we were catching today were some of the biggest we have ever caught. Didn't get our first pompano until around 10. Next two came pretty quick with the biggest at 17". Had a lull around midday with lots more blues and cats. Clouds moved in after lunch but we fished on, getting our last three later in the afternoon. Looked high and low all day for sand fleas. None to be found. Used our back up of shrimp. Finished up the day with 6 pompano, 5 lady fish, 3 oyster fish, 24 blue runners and 45 catfish. Thanks JC for a wonderful day!

101_3632.jpg

101_3636.jpg

101_3637.jpg

101_3627.jpg

101_3640.jpg

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Dang fine eats

glad you had a nice Sat. on the the beach. I waded the sound with Jeffbro999 we caught some reds and specks b4 we got ran off by the storm.

there is something about surf fishing pics that are truly beautiful -- everytime --- I see them.

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
Man, It didn't look like the weather was all that good but it all paid off in quality!!! Congrats!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow! Nice catch!!! :thumbup:

How far out were you casting?

I got demolished by cats and pinfish this morning. Such is life. :confused1:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Oh, which way to the grill with those babies. It's been so hot I don't want to venture out one the beach mid-day. I need some cover from the sun.

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
805 Posts
I had never heard of an oyster fish so I googled it. I've always called those toadfish. The real name is oyster toadfish.

Learned something today!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have to say great job!!!! I always rack up on sand fleas at night. Don't know if they are nocturnal but I can spot a school in the skim by using a flashlight. Caught over 60 sand fleas in an hour at night.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts