Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Crooked Island on 6/13. Managed several keeper whiting and a short pompano. Left early in the afternoon to try the trout in East Bay. Really slow bite over there. Manged one keeper trout on topwater.

(y)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice. I was headed that way this morning but decided to go on to appalachicola instead. I could not believe the amount of boats on the water. At 6:10am eastern, I was the 6th truck in line and the closest parking was 300yds away.
We managed to pick away at them but man at the boat traffic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep...We went out there again yesterday and I was surprised how packed it was for a Friday. We don't do near the damage Captain PJ does out there. He is the Crooked Island expert and I'm glad he shares his reports with us. He is a really good guy and we actually saw him on the water. If you listen around 3:55 that is him jamming out and catching fish right next to us...Lol. :LOL:

·
Registered
484 Posts
It was great to see you out on the water.
Not sure how long the whiting will be massing. Might be time to move on to other fisheries soon maybe even grab the snorkle and mask and try poking a few fish. Soon it'll be too hot to spend all day out there.
Scallop season will be here soon. Make plans to go get some of the best eating critters in Florida. Your boat is perfect for the job.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We wanted to do some scalloping last year but got a little scared off by the flesh eating bacteria...With COVID this year I haven't heard much of anything about the bacteria. I think we will give it a go this year for sure.

Soon we are going to drive the extra half hour down to Port Saint Joe and check that area out. Destin is actually the closest to us but I haven't enjoyed fishing there very much. Still need to learn the area better though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts