Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some lake City 556, government contract in the cans. Also some Hornady 223, and some imi 62 grain green tips

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A guy is trying to trade me some ammo for a motorcycle. I’m at $1850 for the bike and he’s trying to trade some ammo.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
keep the ammo. you can't run from a bullet on a motorcycle.
jack

Reactions: catfever24

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have some lake City 556, government contract in the cans. Also some Hornady 223, and some imi 62 grain green tips
If this is the info he provided, it is worth checking out. If all ammo looks decent and not tarnished or corroded and is all brass cased. Do the deal. If the bulk is actually 5.56 it is selling for around 1$ per round. 223 is roughly about 70-80 cents per round. If he is doing all 2000 rounds and cash for the bike I’d offer to deliver it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Yep, if it’s brass and not lacquer coated steel then make that deal and don’t look back

·
Registered
143 Posts
do you want the ammo, or are you going to re-sell? I think ammo is more valuable than a motorcycle these days, especially to the right guy...
Either way it’s a good deal, if you had to buy the ammo to use personally it’s going to cost you just as much, and if he has no use for it, maybe he will remember us little folks that helped him out here and offer to sell it to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Constitution Conservative
2,588 Posts
Yes, make him sell the ammo and pay cash.
Current prices are only bringing max from desperate folks buying in the online auctions.
Trying to sell it yourself online is an exercise in being lowballed, scammed and dealing with shipping hassles.
You'll have to get really lucky and/or be patient to find a valid local buyer who'll pick it up and pay max pricing.

Reactions: FelixH

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
You can go to Gulf Coast Guns and buy brand new in a sealed box for that price.
He’s probably got $600 in it.
Do like others have said, tell him to sell it and bring you cash.

·
Apex
1,440 Posts
LC is going over $1/rd and it’s only going to increase. Even if it’s sub par it will appreciate more than the motorcycle. I say go for it.

·
Praedator
10,149 Posts
It's worth what you think it's worth and what he's willing to let it go for. 5.56 is going commercially for over $1 per round at this very moment. But for example, I reload most of my ammo and I do not need to go buy any commercial ammo to shoot right now. So to me, it's not worth $1 per round because I don't need the ammo and will not use it up for that value.

If you need it and would shoot in in the immediate future, you'd spend the cost of your bike for that 2K rounds. If you are not going to shoot it in the near future, it might not be worth that much to you. If you want cash and not ammo, stick to your guns (pun intended) and ask for the money if you don't need or really want the ammo.

·
Super Moderator
12,967 Posts
It seems to me ammo price has leveled out in the last 2 weeks... people are still buying obviously but not near as fast as they were 2 months ago. Personally I think anyone who pays $1/round for 5.56 is an idiot. Make him sell the ammo and bring you cash.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,925 Posts
Pre Biden, 350 per 1K rounds.....now a days 1K fer 1K rounds...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts