Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend got home from Nashville last night and we headed up to his lease a little after daylight this morning as soon as I got relieved from work. Got to the entrance to his lease, where we park at a barn at the front of about a 100 acre hayfield that sits on the side of a hill. We got there after it was good light, got out of the truck and started to head to the woodline when we spot a big bird going up the back fence row with about 10 hens. I figured our work was gonna be cut out for us. We headed just over the hill where the top of the hill would hide us as we were walking to the very back corner. Got set up right on the edge of the field in the far SE corner where the birds was headed. I yelped pretty loud and got cut off imediately we had made it just in time, I yelped real light one more time since had done answered me I didnt want to be too aggressive. At that time Casy whispered I see his head coming over the hill. I told him to get ready and dont move bc we was in the wide open basicly. He got to within about 60 yard and gobbled out in the field and I called lightly to him one more time and he was ready for the game. He got to within 40 yardand I could tell he was on High alert so I told Casey to go ahead and shoot him, so then he got the jelly head. Pretty big bird, he had a 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 3/8 inch spurs @ 19lbs. More to come in the next few days. Sorry about the twist ya neck picture. For some reason my comp. want let me insert images that I have uprighted now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts