Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tournament partner Tony and I decided to make a late afternoon run today. We launched at 4:30pm and landed these two beauties by 6:00pm.. The tide was all the way in and we were both throwing Gulp! jerkshads!!! So much fun!!!!

..........and as usual both fish were released in great shape to fight again another day!!!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Niiiiice! What color jerk shad.

Just curious, have you ever used or had any luck on any of the Redfish Magic lures?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fishn4real (4/6/2010)Niiiiice! What color jerk shad.

Just curious, have you ever used or had any luck on any of the Redfish Magic lures?
I was throwing rootbeer. Not sure what color Tony was using. I've thrown the redfish magic lures a million times but I've only ever caught trout on them.. But then again I've never caught a redfish on a popping cork either...LOL

·
Registered
710 Posts
fishn4real (4/6/2010)Niiiiice! What color jerk shad.

Dude, I will never go redfishing WITHOUT a spinner bait. It is by far, my number one, go to, search bait. But I stay away from the redfish magic ones. They aren't as strong as they should be for reds. Take a look at the Slayer Inc. (http://www.slayerinc.com/) spinner baits. Much better quality and craftsmanship.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AquaSport175 (4/6/2010)nice quicky! :clap

P.S. - Your new Century looks like a beast! How do you like it?
I'm loving it!!! Floats plenty shallow and it's plenty fast!!! Lots of great additions too!!! I'm VERY satisfied!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ha! I'll remember that, you clown. I'll try not to "forget" to stop by any of mine next time.........that's OK, though.You know you can't outrun me! :moon

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bryson13 (4/6/2010)Ha! I'll remember that, you clown. I'll try not to "forget" to stop by any of mine next time.........that's OK, though.You know you can't outrun me! :moon
That's so funny..LOL When we going again??

·
Registered
606 Posts
Great report just curious have you ever used a chatterbait for reds?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I both Redfish Magic (cheap) or better spinner baits for reds on a regular basis. They work great! I have used them for sight fishing in LA, too. When you use a Redfish Magic you've got to crimp the end where it holds the jighead or redfish will twist it open consistenly. That happened to me a bunch before I learned my lesson!

I've got a couple chatterbaits, threw them a few times last year, but didn't do anything good with them. They REALLY vibrate, so I think they'll be better in off color water or maybe fished a bit deeper, say 4'-6'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts