Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit Navarre Beach again this morning before going up to the lab to work this afternoon. Walked the yak out past the breakers this time so no flipping, plus came up with a rig to keep the tacklebox tied to the yak but still be able to access it easily.

Watched dragman6693 get a 4ft blacktip to yakside for release. Then watched another yaker (not a member here, yet...) boat a beast of a 66lbs cobia.

I had several hits early morning but either kept having baits slashed, hooks pulled, or who knows what happen. I finally got a king to stick and on to the yak. 40inches to fork/44inches total 22lbs, my new personal record form the kayak. Also got a 51inch blacktip to the yak as well which is also a new personal record shark for me.

Alex

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Great report but you must not like your cell fon very much to have it out like that...I'm not sure if I'm happy of overly melincolly at the pics of the water and beach that will son be destroyed-- wondering if it'll last until mem day when I get home...

Again Great Report! Cobia off the yak is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to include, I was using my new Cavitt Custom spiral wrap conventional rod with a Penn 320GT. Unfortunately not the reel I would have preferred using but the Torium 20 was in the shop having the sand cleaned out from flipping yesterday. I had to baby the king of course to keep form pulling the hooks. I also started out babying in the shark till I figured out it wasn't a king. Then I cranked down the drag and proceeded to whip it's butt in short order.

Fantastic rod Ernie, keep up the good work,
Alex

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That is a real nice king! Do you just grill 'em or do you add wood and smoke them?
What sort of main hook are you using? I went exclusively to circle hooks on any live or dead meat bait. Took me some time to rid myself of the hook setting slams though.

Brent

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
im gonna slip out of work a lil early today and peddle over to Ft Mcrae to spend the weekend camping with some friends. Were gonna try to do some kingfishing too! Nice fish!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Stressless (07/05/2010)Great report but you must not like your cell fon very much to have it out like that...I'm not sure if I'm happy of overly melincolly at the pics of the water and beach that will son be destroyed-- wondering if it'll last until mem day when I get home...

Again Great Report! Cobia off the yak is fantastic.
looks to me like he keeps his camera in his water tight box with his phone. he just opened the box to get the camera to take a picture and didnt close the box back up until he put the camera back in it:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks to me like he keeps his camera in his water tight box with his phone. he just opened the box to get the camera to take a picture and didnt close the box back up until he put the camera back in it:letsdrink
You got it. Plus it's a piece of junk anyway. I have a spare if it goes overboard.

Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts