Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Nordyne 4ton split system ac unit, runs on R-22 Is sealed so no moisture can get inside, Unit was professionaly uninstalled. Works great just upgraded too the new system, was installed about 2 years ago. This Unit sales used on ebay for 1300 dollars So I am asking $500 cash or trade

ITEMS WILL CONSIDER TRADING FOR,
Nice laptop with windows 7, motor and or transmission for ford expedition 4.6 or 5.4 , 4r70w transmission, 35 inch mud tires on ford rims, or close to the same size. Bully Dog computer for trucks non deisel. good 4x4 truck running or not, flat screen lcd or led tv, or $500 cash
Bradley
850-313-7644

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Air

What does a split system mean, -how does that work ?
4 ton --how many square feet will that take care of ??

·
Registered
357 Posts
Split system means two parts. Outside part is your condenser, inside part is your evaporator, instead of having one big package unit outside they split the system and call it a split system, which to me is more effecient. I'm thinking that would easily 1600 sq. ft. by the way that is a good deal, especially if he's got the inside unit.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bambam, This is only the outside unit but it sales for 1300 used on ebay really lookig to trade for samsung tv 46 or better lcd, or windows 7 laptop or cash or best offer

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's deafeningly a good deal. The inside unit is not that much and you can mix match, as long as it is a 4 ton. Wish we had the extra money I would put it up till needed, you know how lightening is, the condenser/compressor is the first piece to go.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
4-ton is more for like a 2300sq ft house.. I've got an 1600sq ft house now and have a 2.5 ton with the new 410 stuff..He keeps it cool just fine..They put those 4-tons in 2-story/2300sq ft houses

·
Registered
357 Posts
yeah, we have a 1700 sq. ft heat and cool. we have 3 ton that seems like it runs all the time. I have always heard, you rather have to much than not enough. That's why I STATED that it would handle 1600 easily.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If you have too much (over sized) it does not run long enough to pull the moisture (humidity) out of the building and causes other problems!

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
If you have too much (over sized) it does not run long enough to pull the moisture (humidity) out of the building and causes other problems!
So True, It makes it feel Clam'ish and can/will make problems like you said..Please do research before buying any A/C system,you cant just stick an oversized unit in the house because yours runs awhile..The newer ones are designed to run more..

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This unit Operates and is designed for 1600 to 2500 Square Ft. It will go up too 2800 square ft max, and like they said above Its minimum square footage is 1600 square ft. You can GOOGLE this information, So the best offer gets it today I really need it out of my way. thanks or I will trade for a windows 7 laptop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts