Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rough, windy and overcast most of the day, but the pompano were biting anyway! First line in the water and headed to the second to cast out when I looked back I already had a hit. Bam! First one in the cooler. Not 10 minutes later had the second one in. Had a little lull for about an hour. Noticed right down the beach left of us the pelicans were dive bombing and having a feast. Well they slowly were making their way toward us. Then the onslaught of ladies started hitting. We were catching them two at a time. That went on for an hour or so. Finally around lunch they moved off. Then got another nice pompano. Slow for a bit then got a whiting. The wind was pretty consistent the whole day. Spray from the rough surf had sunglasses misted over in only minutes. Finally we just took them off because you couldn't wipe them fast enough. Grass was getting tiresome. Still fishable just a nuisance. Late in the day got the last pompano. Amazingly all four were caught on the same rod. Was getting ready to wrap up when we got the last whiting. Finished up with 4 pompano, 2 whiting, and at least 30 lady fish. Thanks JC!
100_4620.jpg

100_4621.jpg

100_4622.jpg

100_4629.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was debating to go out this morning and ended sleeping in. Oh well , nice catch fishing for pompanos. Are fishing in destin area ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Awesome fish I was out for a bit with the family couldn't keep the line in the water. Great job getting it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts