Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold this morning... 48°, hard NE wind 15-18mph. Clear water, small groundswell.

First time out this year. Fished a 5 rod spread. Had the first bite before I could sit down. Caught 3 more by 9:30, and had hooks pull on 2 more... not bad for being so cloudy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Way to go John ! I didn't know that you pompano .
Oh yeah... wish it was as good as it used to be... 25 years ago, 4 pomps would be piss poor... I remember being a kid and being the only people on the beach... 20-30 fish days were not uncommon... now everyone is doing it. 🤷*♂. So if I don't wake up by 6, I don't waste my time trying to fight the crowds.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
What do you look for to determine where to set up? A breaknin the bars? Or just close to the parking lot, lol

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you look for to determine where to set up? A breaknin the bars? Or just close to the parking lot, lol
If the surf is about 2 feet, it makes it easier to find a hole, it'll be where the waves aren't breaking. It's essentially a wash out, where one would get caught in a rip current. If it's fat calm, I don't think it matters where you set up... a lot of people try to throw out as far as they can... I don't believe in that. Waste of time and effort.

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
Come on, you should have been at work brother!!! At least you caught enough fer you and momma!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts