Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looked like the wind may give us a break so my better half and I fueled up the new sled and headed out to run the boat a little and check the bait situation. It was low tide so we headed straight for the Mass. but it was slim pickens, so we headed to a few buoys and were able to nab a few sigs. headed out to a few close public reefs and got on some sheeps, then headed out to deeper water and grabbed a few Mingo's the bite shut down when the Dolphins showed up. The mingos were up in the water column but as soon as there was a Dolphin sign they quickly went to the bottom. There was a ton of small Triggers out there, threw them all back. Maybe it has been a while but the water looked damn near blue and we never left state waters. There was some big patches of Sargassum, I creeped up on a few spot but didn't see any movement under/around. All in all it was a nice day and the boat did awesome!!

Water Clarity = muddy Inshore, clear at the mass, damn near bluish at the border of state waters.
Bait = Live Cigs / Chunk Squid @ low tide.
Water Depth = 60' to 100'
Offshore current = low
Area = State Waters
Water Temp = 68F
Moon = 1/2

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Slob Convict!
That swinging lead is gonna smack someone, or something.
Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Nice job, that's a pretty sheep! Congrats on getting out there. I saw the forecast and just rolled my eyes, because I'm up visiting family in North Carolina. Probably be 3 to 4 feet again by the time I get home later this week. :rolleyes:

Nice report!

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
865 Posts
I think I saw you out there today. I remember seeing a TideWater with a single outboard.

You’re right about the water being blue out there today. It was a nice one.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May have been me, all white. The water was unbelievable never seen it that clear.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Great report. Glad to hear that the Mass drifted back into position.

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well looked like the wind may give us a break so my better half and I fueled up the new sled and headed out to run the boat a little and check the bait situation. It was low tide so we headed straight for the Mass. but it was slim pickens, so we headed to a few buoys and were able to nab a few sigs. headed out to a few close public reefs and got on some sheeps, then headed out to deeper water and grabbed a few Mingo's the bite shut down when the Dolphins showed up. The mingos were up in the water column but as soon as there was a Dolphin sign they quickly went to the bottom. There was a ton of small Triggers out there, threw them all back. Maybe it has been a while but the water looked damn near blue and we never left state waters. There was some big patches of Sargassum, I creeped up on a few spot but didn't see any movement under/around. All in all it was a nice day and the boat did awesome!!

Water Clarity = muddy Inshore, clear at the mass, damn near bluish at the border of state waters.
Bait = Live Cigs / Chunk Squid @ low tide.
Water Depth = 60' to 100'
Offshore current = low
Area = State Waters
Water Temp = 68F
Moon = 1/2

View attachment 1077063

View attachment 1077064
Nice report! I wanted to go today, but the winds and waves seemed like more than I wanted. Nice sheepshead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts