Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at one of my Florida spots first thing this morning. It looked terrible and a little crowded already. ..so I got back in the truck and drove on down to orange beach. Caught a few hardtails and skipjack at first ,but not bad like Wednesday. I managed to catch my limit in 2 or 3 hours. Two pretty good ones and a 13 1/2" keeper.

20170428_132058.jpg

·
Super Moderator
27,927 Posts
You really need to find a hobby and leave them pomps alone!!!! They ain't done nothing to ya! I haven't seen a dinner invitation in the mail yet either??? geeezzzzzz

Keep on slaying brother!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I feel dumb by asking this but is there a difference in that top fish compared the bottom two pompanos? Looks like a permit

·
VIP of the PFF
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You really need to find a hobby and leave them pomps alone!!!! They ain't done nothing to ya! I haven't seen a dinner invitation in the mail yet either??? geeezzzzzz

Keep on slaying brother!
Catching pompano is my hobby..... lol , but it's coming to an end. I have to go back to work on Thursday, and it looks like a lot of overtime is coming so the pompano will soon be safe until fall.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel dumb by asking this but is there a difference in that top fish compared the bottom two pompanos? Looks like a permit
It's a pompano, after a pompano gets to about 14" a lot of its growth turns to length verses top to bottom width. When they are below 14" often times they look a little stubby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts