Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to go back out to Fort Morgan and get my crab trap today, so I figured that I might as well collect a few pompano along the way. I stopped at a spot in perdido key only to find 2 hook and line commercial pompano guys setup with 6 or 7 rods a piece, each rod set 20 yards apart. I'm guessing that they didn't want any company ! Lol. So I went to another spot and caught several catfish and one 24" black drum, but no pompano. I went back to the truck loaded the cart and went to a spot in orange beach. At first it was nothing but hardtails and ladyfish and lots of them ! Finally the trash fish moved on and the pompano took over. I caught 4 keepers and lost one in the surf , all in about 30 minutes. Turned the last one a loose. 14 1/2" , 16", 17" disclaimer -all the pompano were caught in "TL" areas so all pompano measurements are "TL".
20170426_143829.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice catch Grouper King! I bet that drum was fun hauling in!

Responding about those fellas you mentioned having 12-14 rods, each 20 yards apart......I guess they're watching the rods with binoculars? It's like 2 football fields of beach claimed.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice catch Grouper King! I bet that drum was fun hauling in!

Responding about those fellas you mentioned having 12-14 rods, each 20 yards apart......I guess they're watching the rods with binoculars? It's like 2 football fields of beach claimed.
It was a ridiculous spread for 2 people ! I just laughed at the thought of them running their butts off trying to man those rods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts